Wording For Changing My Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wording For Changing My Hours

I am so burnt out and need to make some changes. I want to change my hours and I'm not sure any of my families will be able to make my new hours work, but that is part of my goal! Daycare is VERY hard to find in our area, so I know my DCP are going to be upset and complain that I agreed to the later hours when they started and that's why them came to me, blah, blah, blah. I'm taking the summer off and praying that I can just close my doors, but I don't think it's going to be possible financially with the current inflation rate. Anyway, the wording I need help with is, I want them to be aware that I have considered quitting, but decided I can stay open with these changes. Hoping they'll just be happy that I'm still open and I won't get as much backlash.

I took a look at who really needed (who actually works that late) childcare during my previous 6-6 hours and who was taking advantage (who is going to the grocery/to the gym) of those hours. Once I determined a lot were taking advantage of it and could pick up at 5:30, I sent out new contracts with the change in hours effective on XX and left it at that.

I lost one family and it was the family that took advantage of my hours the most.

I am now contracting new families to set hours so I don’t have a kid that’s here open to close.
    Last edited by GirlMomma; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• gumdrops
      gumdrops commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think any of my families take advantage, if so, maybe just a few minutes, so they all need me until I close. A few of them push and pick up a few min late (I don't have a backbone) and I don't feel respected by most of them. I'm burnt out and hoping if I change my hours I will have some families leave and I won't fill their spots. I just don't know how to say "I thought about quitting but am doing you all a favor by just changing my hours" 😂 I want to word it like I'm not quitting for their benefit.

Maybe something like this?

Dear families,

Effective XXXXX, daycare will close at XX PM to better accommodate my familys' needs, and in turn, to avoid closing daycare all together. Please make sure your child is picked up prior to closing. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by gumdrops View Post
      I am so burnt out and need to make some changes. I want to change my hours and I'm not sure any of my families will be able to make my new hours work, but that is part of my goal! Daycare is VERY hard to find in our area, so I know my DCP are going to be upset and complain that I agreed to the later hours when they started and that's why them came to me, blah, blah, blah. I'm taking the summer off and praying that I can just close my doors, but I don't think it's going to be possible financially with the current inflation rate. Anyway, the wording I need help with is, I want them to be aware that I have considered quitting, but decided I can stay open with these changes. Hoping they'll just be happy that I'm still open and I won't get as much backlash.
      Dear DCF's

The last few months have definitely been a time of reflection for many families, myself included. Because of this, I have considered closing my doors and moving on to the next chapter of my life but have reconsidered and decided to remain open but with some changes that will impact most, if not all of my current clients.

As of XX date, 2022 my new days and hours of availability will be as follows.

I will not be open/available for services for the summer months from June X through August X. When I am open, I will be offering services between the hours of X and X only.

I fully understand if any families need to make alternate arrangements for care if these changes do not work for you. As parents, we all need to do what works best for us. Please do not ask me to extend my hours or days of availability beyond what I listed above as I cannot accommodate anything outside of the new times and days.

Thank you!

Provider

Comment

Originally posted by blackcat31 View Post

dear dcf's

the last few months have definitely been a time of reflection for many families, myself included. Because of this, i have considered closing my doors and moving on to the next chapter of my life but have reconsidered and decided to remain open but with some changes that will impact most, if not all of my current clients.

As of xx date, 2022 my new days and hours of availability will be as follows.

I will not be open/available for services for the summer months from june x through august x. When i am open, i will be offering services between the hours of x and x only.

I fully understand if any families need to make alternate arrangements for care if these changes do not work for you. As parents, we all need to do what works best for us. Please do not ask me to extend my hours or days of availability beyond what i listed above as i cannot accommodate anything outside of the new times and days.

Thank you!

Provider
        this!!

Comment

Working...
        X