• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    TRUE statement!

• Cat Herder
    replied
    I have not come up with a better plan to meet my personal goals. "Wife" and "Mother" were always more important to me than "employee.

I am sure there is some creepy online video job where I tell grown people what to do all day out there.... but..... eww.

I'll stick to my day job.

Leave a comment:

• Momboss
    replied
    My order of worst parts of this job:
    1- Poop
    2- Screaming/crying nonstop
    3- weird parents
    4- cleaning up after illness or potty accidents
    5- licensing regs
    6- that isolating feeling of not being around other adults
    7- enforcing policies- theres no “higher up” to blame lol

Leave a comment:

• Pestle
    replied
    After expenses, including property taxes and wear and tear on your home, how much are you making at the end of the year?

Could you work out a childcare swap and work part time outside of your home?

I am looking ahead to seventh grade, which we have no good plans for at the moment. With my kid's ADHD, she needs an adult fully present and attentive in order to accomplish her schoolwork. I want her to be independent, but I have to accept that the condition slows down the process of cognitive development, especially impulse control, and she is not going to have the self-discipline I did at her age to be homeschooled with a parent who is working full-time. The non-traditional high schools in the region have a hefty price tag and are too far away for us to manage transportation as long as I am working in childcare. I'm currently mulling over the idea of working part time and homeschooling once she reaches that age.

I like kids. I don't care about the poop. I'm not triggered by screaming. And I've dealt with enough adults in my other careers to be comfortable getting up in their faces and laying down the law. As I explain to people when I tell them what my job is, "I'd rather deal with poop than email." Very rarely has anyone told me that they feel differently.

So that's me. I understand myself, and I'm comfortable doing this job. You understand yourself, and you're not comfortable doing this job. You are going to have to figure out which compromises to make--income, presence at home, control over the daily comings and goings. Right now, my compromises meet my needs, but in the future, they won't, and I'm going to have to figure out different compromises. To correct Mick Jagger, you can't ever get what you want.
    Last edited by Pestle; 05-19-2022, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MissCait
    replied
    The snot does suck. 🤢 one of my least favorite parts and the poop. Crappy parents come 3rd. More good than not, but still. When you have to deal with them it’s just like dealing with an adult toddler. I only have room for child toddlers. 🤣

Leave a comment:

• fivestarday
    commented on 's reply
    I've proven to myself beyond all scientific and or spiritual doubt that I am in fact not capable of controlling those issues, even though, yes, they are within my control alone. LOL

I've had some poop stink waft up into my mouth and settle on my tongue. I've had to get a glass of water to make the smell go away. What the heck is up with these diapers??

• Annalee
    replied
    YES, Child Care! Every time I entertain thoughts of quitting, the travel and working for someone thoughts send me right back to MY OWN child care program to be MY OWN BOSS.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Originally posted by fivestarday View Post
    Right? But i jUsT cAnT tAke iT aNyMoREEEE!
    The stinky poops,
    the mess,
    the "i'm hungry" (after I just fed the child 15 minutes ago)
    the crying,
    the nap wailing,
    the never-getting-to-leave-my-house
    the parent who says, "i had the day off today! did you have a good day, dck?"
    the poor pay
    THE SNOT
    the mess
    the "oh, she does have a runny nose, doesn't she?" YES SHE DOES AND SHE DID! lol
    the lack of privacy
    and did I mention the mess?
    I agree with all of the above but the secret is YOU (as the business owner) have the ability to control all of those issues.
    Other than the stinky poo... I haven't figured that one out yet. lol!

Leave a comment:

• fivestarday
    commented on 's reply
    Right? But i jUsT cAnT tAke iT aNyMoREEEE!
    The stinky poops,
    the mess,
    the "i'm hungry" (after I just fed the child 15 minutes ago)
    the crying,
    the nap wailing,
    the never-getting-to-leave-my-house
    the parent who says, "i had the day off today! did you have a good day, dck?"
    the poor pay
    THE SNOT
    the mess
    the "oh, she does have a runny nose, doesn't she?" YES SHE DOES AND SHE DID! lol
    the lack of privacy
    and did I mention the mess?

• fivestarday
    commented on 's reply
    haha Ding ding ding! You win! lol

• Annalee
    replied
    YES, Child Care! Every time I entertain thoughts of quitting, the travel and working for someone thoughts send me right back to MY OWN child care program to be MY OWN BOSS.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Child care.

Leave a comment:

• fivestarday
    started a topic Alternative Career Brainstorming

Alternative Career Brainstorming

Let's see. What's a job or career choice that allows me to stay in my house most of the day, care for my children, and in general run things exactly how I want within reason?

LOL

I don't think there is one. Oh well.
Working...
X