X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlMomma
    replied
    DCG came dressed in a romper today. I can’t believe I have to have tell a parent that completely undressing their child for a diaper change is not acceptable for daycare.

DCG has extra clothes and will be changed after breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• Sahm121
    commented on 's reply
    For the screaming- it sounds like reflux and he screams because he’s in pain. The walking probably helps because he’s upright.
    Do you have a double stroller you can put the 4 month in?

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    In my state, the standardized tests for 3rd graders are very stressful for the teachers, student and parents. There is a lot of pressure on the child because the child HAS TO PASS the states standardized test in order to move onto 4th grade. Regardless of what their in classroom work/test scores show.

DD10 is an A/B average student with ADHD and testing anxiety. She failed her 3rd grade standardized test the first time she took it and had to take two weeks of summer school last summer. On the last day of summer school, she took it again. She passed it with a perfect score and moved onto 4th grade.

I didn’t sleep well at all the night before her test.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    DCM replied asking if I am able to hand apply spray sunblock because they would be okay with that. I told her that I do not react to either the pump or aerosol spray, so I would be able to do that. Hopefully, she gets the hint that not all sprays are aerosol.

Blackcat31 Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep that in mind when I put the spray by hand on the baby.

When I react to lotion it is when the lotion gets on my arm vs on my palm.

• Pestle
    replied
    17-month-old who screams bloody murder every time he wakes up. Has done since he started as a newborn. Has me and the parents flummoxed. Only gets worse if we take him out of the crib and try to calm him down. If I take him straight from the crib to the snack table, he sits at the snack table and screams and throws all the food and tries to tip himself out of his feeding chair.

Today, he woke up 40 minutes into what should've been a two hour nap, started screaming bloody murder, woke all the other kids up. I held him for a while, gave him a bottle, changed his diaper. He keeps escalating the screaming. All the other kids started crying because he was roaring so loudly today, so we have given up on naptime for them and are giving him a second attempt in his crib while the other kids play.

One of the other kids includes a preschooler who can't keep her hands to herself or her volume at an appropriate level and urinated all over the bathroom floor and then ran around the house in a panic, leaving puddles everywhere.

The only solution to the screaming I found is to buckle the 17 month old into a stroller and take everybody out for a walk. But the four month old has some kind of circulatory problem that makes his legs show dots of bleeding under the skin if he's put into a carrier. So we can't go out for walks while he's here, and he doesn't leave until 3:30 PM. I'm losing my mind. When the infant arrives tomorrow, I'm going to explain to his mother that she and the doctor must come up with some way that this child can be taken outside with the group in anything other than my arms/a crib.

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    The tests are very politicized this year. *They (fed budget people) are using the scores to validate previous covid spending of closing schools and extra taxpayer spending/taxes, and tighter budgets, to make up the educational gaps next year. The schools get meal write-offs, too. They hemorrhaged without the kids there in attendance. To slush funds. Well, that is how my senator explained it to us over lunch, anyway. He talks with his mouth full, I had to look away often

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    This is his third school year here and he's never done this before. Although I don't recall any type of standardized test last year.

My own daughter is not stressing out about the test, maybe they're putting more stress on him than I am putting on my daughter about getting a good grade.

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    I wear disposable food type gloves. The cheap plastic kind so I don't get it on my hands and can use a new pair for each child.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    It is standardized testing time. The teachers are on edge. The students are burned out. Parents are stressed thinking how to keep them entertained, fed and supervised for the next couple of months. Summer break is coming. "Short-timers syndrome."

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    SA it's complaining that he's not feeling well again this morning. He did this last week too and parents refuse to pick him up, so he went to school and came back off the bus in the afternoon.

Today he suddenly had a stomach ache, I temped him and he did have a 99.6. I tried to distract him with conversation but he still complained.

Not sure what else to do I messaged the parents and they tell me to send him to school.

Until last week, he has never asked for me to contact his parents because he didn't feel well.

Last week they blamed it on allergies, this week they're blaming it on him not wanting to go to school, which is never been a problem in the past.

So my concern is why is he suddenly not wanting to go to school.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    I request sunblock from the families but asked for spray only. When I apply lotion sunblock, I have to stop after each child to wash my hands and I have reacted to some of the lotions while applying them. If I react then I have to wash several times or take Benadryl to stop the reaction. (baby organic is not allowed because of this)

DCM messages that they are willing to send sunblock but they don't use the spray kind because the aerosol is bad for the kids to breathe.

I messaged back that I am unable to apply due to allergies. Please apply before arrival.

I failed to mention that spray sunblock comes in both aerosol and Pump spray.

Leave a comment:

• Springvalley
    replied
    Alwaysgreener: can I ask what movie they are seeing that you don't approve of? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    Why are people disrespectful of time? Pick up needs to be done before closing time, not show up right at closing time. If the store closes at 8, I wouldn't show up at 8 to do my shopping. I would be out of the store by 8. I had a parent tell me he'll be picking up dcb right at closing time from now on, I had to explain it needs to be BEFORE closing

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    Can I be annoyed that not one package of breast milk is thawed? I normally get two liquid bottles and have time to thaw out milk.
    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 05-09-2022, 04:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Solved the art teacher is going to do art with her and a friend. The friend agreed.
Working...
X