X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Herder
    replied
    Me: That sounds amazing. When can I start?

Opportunity: When you put out.

Me: Still self-employed.

One day I will probably own a flamethrower, y'all. Please, send books and snacks.

Leave a comment:

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully the vaccination/booster will keep you from getting it or at least if you do get it, will keep you from any serious illness. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• BaileeB
    commented on 's reply
    Blackcat31 I wish I could do tours during my hours! I’m not allowed to have any adults in my home other than parents of currently enrolled DCK and household members that have had their background checks, medical checks and drug screens. I do factor in the costs for interview time into my enrollment fee so I am at least compensated for my time. I also usually do tours on Friday evenings since technically I close at 5:30 but all the kids are gone by 4:30 so I am usually able to squeeze the tours into the end of my work day.
    e.j. I ended up meeting with her and she was very nice. She has had a horrible experience with the daycare center her daughter had been attending. As a mother I can empathize but as a daycare provider I told her I will let her daughter start on a trial basis and we will check in in 2 weeks to see how it is going and if she will continue with me or not. Since you don’t have to be licensed in my state there are not a ton of licensed providers and care is very hard to find right now (which has been great for me! LOL)
    Alwaysgreener I don’t have anyone else here with me and some of my kiddos also have horrible stranger anxiety. It is difficult when my licensing consultant comes because one DCG just sits there staring at him and sobbing until he leaves 🫣 I do not have my steps listed on my website I usually just tell people my steps when they call or reach out for the first time. That’s always been enough before. Guess I will have to update my website… again 😂

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    My sign in is outside. The child tested positive Tuesday night after being here Tuesday. I’m vaxed and boosted so?? Looks like a five day quArantine for them barring symptoms lingering? I’m still very careful but refuse to let this affect my mental health like it did the past two years. I did share with families in care and let them make their choice while I remain open for now.

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    That stinks! Were you exposed?

• Springvalley
    replied
    Originally posted by Annalee View Post
    I have an entire daycare family with covid.....😯
    Oh no!

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    I have an entire daycare family with covid.....😯

Leave a comment:

• Springvalley
    replied
    Originally posted by BaileeB View Post
    GirlMomma I did. I told her “no, you cannot. I do not allow anyone besides parents of currently enrolled children in my home during daycare hours.” I then told her if she wants to fill out an interview form I would be happy to work with her to find a time for her to interview and tour. She said “oh that’s a pretty good policy now that I think about it” 🤦‍♀️ Do some people really think you can just “stop by” an in home daycare during business hours? Better yet, I told her when she first called that I could not talk to her on the phone because I was busy watching children and I could not give her my full attention… so why would she think she could just come by in the middle of our day and disrupt our schedule? 🙄
    We always tell parents that we have a wait list and that we can out their name & number on it & then once a spot becomes available then we will call them. We also tell them a price plus the enrollment fee
    Last edited by Springvalley; 3 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    I am one of those providers that does tours during business hours. I do not have staff and am still on the clock doing my thing but I refuse to give up my personal time for work...lol! But I do tours at the end of the day while we are outside playing. That way it's an easy out for everyone. Last kid picked up = I am out of here... tour over.
    Other than actually meeting face to face and needing to get a "feel" for each other, all other business can be conducted via email. Works great for me.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't made any in a while, I use Mrs Meyer's brand and get 2 bottles from Amazon. (64 loads per bottle for less than $30)

I am not sure the difference but Amazon has unscented for less. PODS Free & Gentle Laundry Detergent Soap Pods, 2 Pack - 162 count https://a.co/d/9tG01ai
    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 3 weeks ago.

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    If it were me, I would text her or call her and explain that based on the past several days of contact with her, I've given it a lot of careful thought and feel that we wouldn't be a good match. If there is a listing of licensed providers available for your area, I'd direct her to that and wish her luck. She's driving me crazy and I haven't even been the one in contact with her!
    Last edited by e.j.; 3 weeks ago.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    BaileeB There are some providers that allow tours while they have kids present. Mainly it is providers that have staff to care for the kids while they give the potential client their attention.

However, I disagree with this practice due to privacy especially for foster kids.

Do you have your steps listed on your website?

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, I misunderstood. I wouldn’t bother with it then 😂

• BaileeB
    commented on 's reply
    GirlMomma I did. I told her “no, you cannot. I do not allow anyone besides parents of currently enrolled children in my home during daycare hours.” I then told her if she wants to fill out an interview form I would be happy to work with her to find a time for her to interview and tour. She said “oh that’s a pretty good policy now that I think about it” 🤦‍♀️ Do some people really think you can just “stop by” an in home daycare during business hours? Better yet, I told her when she first called that I could not talk to her on the phone because I was busy watching children and I could not give her my full attention… so why would she think she could just come by in the middle of our day and disrupt our schedule? 🙄

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Send her that. If she continues tell her the slot is fill.
Working...
X