X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I just had this come up! So, at the change of the season, I emailed everyone. Because my daycare is full, I advised drop in care for siblings will be on first come first serve basis with a minimum two week notice. Well, last night at pick up, DCM (not even asking me!) says “DCB4 will be here Wednesday.” I firmly said, “Sorry DCM, I don’t have any open spots for next Wednesday. You have to put your request in much sooner!”

She’s not happy but I dread having him here and she didn’t follow my policy.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure any amount of money is worth doing drop-in care...LOL

• Blackcat31
    replied
    I wonder why I have so much trouble remembering how much upheaval and disruption a drop in child creates.
    One would assume after being in this business for so many years and always saying "never again" that I would learn to say no when asked.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    I have suggested that before... When my autistic niece was young, I suggested to my SIL that she could use a pantyliner for my niece, I do not remember why I had suggested it. (most likely to check for something medical, since my niece isn't that verbal)

• ItsAllSonShineAndRainbows
    replied
    Printed out some paperwork for my families. Made sure I got it in backpacks today before kids went home. Realized about an hour after everyone left that I forgot to FILL OUT the blanks for each family in the paperwork. So basically I sent home a useless piece of paper and threatened that parents couldn't bring their kids back unless they brought back that useless piece of paper
    (I ended up messaging families and let them know what their blanks should say. One of my awesome parents wrote back and was joking with me. I told her "I blame lack of sleep and other people's children" she wrote back and said "that's fair! "

Leave a comment:

• Eleamo84
    replied
    So tired of high needs parents thinking their child is the only one in my care.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Originally posted by Springvalley View Post
    Get this, dcg4 tells teacher look at my pants this morning teacher thinks nothing of it. After nap, dcg goes to potty after nap & teacher is changing another child in the same bathroom looks over and dcg is wearing a PANTYLINER in her underwear & tells teacher she's big. I still can't wrap my head around it.

Leave a comment:

• Springvalley
    replied
    Get this, dcg4 tells teacher look at my pants this morning teacher thinks nothing of it. After nap, dcg goes to potty after nap & teacher is changing another child in the same bathroom looks over and dcg is wearing a PANTYLINER in her underwear & tells teacher she's big. I still can't wrap my head around it.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Baby won't nap, baby won't eat, baby won't let me put her down. Finally baby eats and baby sleeps. 10 minutes later, the baby is awake, and repeat... baby sleep twenty minutes the second time. The baby goes home.
    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 11-17-2021, 03:06 PM.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, guys!

EJ, that sounds much more stressful than my morning, lol!! I am glad you managed to pull it off like a pro.

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    "How's your morning going?"

Better than yours! Baby had a blowout bm that went right up his back just minutes before my 3 year old was due to be picked up by the woman who gives him a ride to his preschool classes every day. Just as I got the baby cleaned up, the 3 year old announced he had just pooped in his Pull-Ups. Thank God I hadn't changed him into his underwear yet!! I managed to get him cleaned up, too, and ready to leave just as his ride pulled into the driveway. At least I didn't have to change my clothes! lol I hope your day has improved since this morning!

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    I needed this laugh today!

• Cat Herder
    replied
    1. Meet kids needs, make time for a glass of orange juice and some shortbread for myself.
    2. Shake jug of orange juice.
    3. Open jug, place lid on counter.
    4. Pick up waterpaint set from floor, wipe and place back on table in front of preschooler.
    5. Shake jug of orange juice.
    6. Take away paint. Hand out safety suckers. Turn on cartoons. Get DH.
    7. Change clothing.
    8. Wash hair.
    How's your morning going?

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    Illnesses are so bad this year.

I had to send out a letter about strep last week, this week it's croup. Almost every kid has a cough and/or a runny nose. Had a parent tell me that the colder weather is causing everyone to get sick....um, no. Viruses cause illness, not weather.

It's this time of year that just makes me want to close my doors until spring.

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    replied
    I have not had a kid awake more than 10 minutes after naptime began in so long I can't remember. Until today. Aggghhhhh

I put up the playroom Christmas tree and am trying to get the one sweet photo of everyone sleeping under it. Who is the hold out, you ask? The 7 week old. Seriously????

I wish I had an infant grinch costume to put on him right now.... that would be hilarious. But no, I just have to sit here, waiting.... and waiting in the freaking cold, dark room. He is happy as all get out making me wait, too. Grinning ear to ear and cooing all cute about it. Go to sleep little dude.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X