• Show
Clear All

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Lol maybe she was on their driveway

• Annalee
    replied
    Originally posted by ItsAllSonShineAndRainbows View Post
    Send paperwork home Thursday, due Monday.
    Paperwork did not get turned in today. (was not in folder or anywhere in backpack unless they kid it from me)
    Sent message "paperwork was due today, please hand to Miss ___ at drop off"
    Reply message "in backpack"

This parent thinks she's in charge. I was going to keep them until the end of the year (for financial reasons) but I just don't think I can do it anymore
    I find it amazing what parents think of our intelligence. Had a parent late once and I was on the phone with the other parent and they kept saying "she is in the driveway" ....no she's not, " yes she is"...no, she's not...."yes she told me she was".....well that didn't happen again as they got a whopping late charge

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllSonShineAndRainbows
    replied
    Send paperwork home Thursday, due Monday.
    Paperwork did not get turned in today. (was not in folder or anywhere in backpack unless they kid it from me)
    Sent message "paperwork was due today, please hand to Miss ___ at drop off"
    Reply message "in backpack"

This parent thinks she's in charge. I was going to keep them until the end of the year (for financial reasons) but I just don't think I can do it anymore

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I am cracking up 😅🤣

• Cat Herder
    replied
    I'd have DH tell them to knock it off. It is his issue to deal with as it is his family. If he does not want to, I'd make his life miserable until he feared me more than his mother.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    How old is your niece? I’d blame licensing and say you just found out you can’t have “extra” non-enrolled kids or visitors that aren’t background checked during your operational or business hours.

• Sparkles
    replied
    I just vented something about this last week.

My husband's sister and her 2 kids are visiting from out of state. My MIL thinks they can come over whenever.

SIL and nieces stopped by last week. My SIL had the nerve to ask me what day works for one of my nieces to come help me at daycare

I ignored it and never got back to them. Fast forward to Saturday, and they ask me again. I said I don't know if I have a slow day or not that'll work. Then, my MIL pipes in and says, "well, we're going out of town on Monday and Tuesday. So, it will have to be Wednesday or Thursday." Like, what??! This is my JOB and you can't tell me what my schedule is. They think my niece is "help" when it's really just another kid to take care of at daycare.

I'm upset that they put me in this position. I wish they would understand that this is a REAL job. They would never do this if I worked outside the home.

I should've spoke up right away and said no, but I didn't and now I'm trying to figure out how to get out of this.

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Amazingly, she had cash this morning....LOL I offer zelle, paypal, cash and check. I'm awaiting the FREE DHS digital payment app rolling out in the spring.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Daily Connect now offers invoicing and online payments.

• Annalee
    replied
    No, DCM, I do NOT care who pays but they will pay on Monday Morning and I offer 4 forms of payment; NO, I cannot do a credit card over the phone; NO, NO, NO! Make these in-laws pay YOU after you pay me, and quit making your issues my issues.
    Last edited by Annalee; 11-08-2021, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    My group keeps me running for sure but I don't have to deal with daily meds, topicals, baths, dogs or a part-time job and I only work M-Th and have Fridays off. Reading Cat Herder's post seriously made me appreciate my own work load.

I'm pretty sure my kicker will calm down during diaper changes once he gets a little older. He's not malicious; just really doesn't like having his diaper changed and fights with everything he has in him to keep it from happening. I usually don't take more than 1 child under the age of 2 but I had agreed to enroll my dcg right around the time my other day care moms told me they were pregnant. I guess I didn't think it through and didn't want to lose any of them - the parents are all such great clients - so I decided to just bite the bullet and get through it. I love all of them and can't imagine not having them here with me. It should get easier as they get older and then I'll have a great group of preschoolers who have grown up together. It feels like it's going to take forever right now but I've been doing this long enough to know that they'll be walking and playing together before long. I just have to survive the next 6 months to a year so I can enjoy it when it happens! lol

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    e.j. Holy moly! You have A LOT on your plate! I personally would term the kicker bruising me and leave the 3YO in pull-ups. I would no longer accept any child under 12 months, it’s A LOT of work.

I would try to stick with a specific age group so they play well together and can learn at a similar pace.

• Sparkles
    replied
    On the days I have kids either absent or gone early, I always have the one kid here who is either usually picked up early but is late, or whose parent isn't working.

Today, it's the kid whose mom isn't working.

As I always say, it never fails.

Leave a comment:

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    In all seriousness.....how do you do it??! I have 6 kids total. Two of the kids are older (4 and almost 5). They're both very independent and great kids but also VERY high energy.

Another one is 3, has developmental delays and is currently potty training. He's ok with peeing on the potty except that he's been taught to stand up so if I'm not right there with him, he fire-hoses my walls, floor and toilet. He still poops in his pants without saying anything. I only know he's pooped when I notice he's walking like a cowboy who just got off his horse after a 20 mile ride. He does wear a pull-up because after he peed all over my lap one day and pooped in his pants on another day, I insisted on it. He gets special services at a local school so I have to feed him earlier than the other kids, change him into his underwear before he's picked up and then back into pull-ups when he returns to me which is no big deal - just time consuming while I'm trying to watch the others and try to get craft activities done with them.

I have another who is 2. She's still in diapers, naps ok but not well and can be very jealous when she has to share me with the other kids.

I have 2 others who are 17mo and 9mo. The 17mo may be on the autism spectrum or he's learning certain behaviors from his big brother; I can't tell which! He's my sour patch kid. He can be super sweet one minute and really sour the next. He's very prone to meltdowns and fights me any time I have to change his diapers - to the point where I've had bruises running up and down my arms from him kicking me. The 9mo old is wonderful but, like any baby, needs a lot of one-to-one/hands-on care. He'll hold a bottle here and there but not consistently so I have to plan my day around his feeding schedule. All that to say....I'm physically exhausted and mentally drained by the end of each day but wouldn't trade places with you for a million bucks! I know you're an amazing provider just from reading your posts but in reading what you just shared, I seriously don't know how you do it!

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    BC, and if that don't work, have your husband (off day is today) to bring you a caramel iced coffee from Mcdonads.... just sent the text cause I need it bad...LOLOLOLOLOL
Working...
X