X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    In a nutshell….Almost all families will qualify for some sort of funding via the government to pay for child care costs.
    The catch is they will be limited as to where they can spend this funding.
    Funding can be used only with programs that participate in their states QRIS programs.
    Leaving those family providers that don’t left with very few clients.
    Parents almost always choose free. Not all of them but enough that many family daycares will shut their doors.

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    "The last time YOU did this..."?! Wow! The dc parents' problem isn't that they had no school to take their kid to, it's that neither of them have any CLASS! They sound self-involved and incredibly rude.

I'm sorry your uncle is so ill and that you and your family are going through such a tough time. It is such a blessing that he's able to have his immediate family with him. I hope you all can take some comfort in that.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    The child care portion of Biden's build back better/broke plan depending on your view of the plan.

• Annalee
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    So let me get this straight....

This new BBB plan will allow programs/providers to opt out of the new requirements but only those programs/providers that participate (adhere to the new requirements) will be allowed to accept families using government funding.

ALL families that make less than $300,000 per year can receive some sort of government funding. (that's pretty much everyone that uses childcare)

The new requirements state that lead teachers must have at MIN a bachelor's degree in early childhood or equiv,
    All programs must pay wages to employees/staff that are close to a teacher's current yearly salary.
    All programs/providers will be required to participate in their state's QRIS program. (We knew/predicted this on this board years ago!)

Basically from what I am hearing, independently owned and operated in home family daycares and privately owned centers can still operate like they always have (following state licensing rules etc) but the clientele that use them can't use funding from CCDBG and will have to pay out of pocket.

....and since almost ALL families in the U.S. will qualify for child care funding assistance under this plan, WHO exactly will be using child care they have to pay for out of their own pockets?!?!

SMH.
    I'm coming in sideways on this.....what are you talking about , BC?

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    He is still hanging on and his immediate family has been able to stay in the room with him which I am thankful for per the covid protocol I was afraid he would be alone. . We were with him last week for his 80th birthday so I'm at peace as he has struggled for some time with cancer.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I am so sorry for your loss! 💗

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Alwaysgreener I feel like that is the dumbest reason. Is Grandma unable to just say no?? LOL

• Annalee
    replied
    My family is very large and some years we have many funerals, some years none. Anyway, I texted all my parents this morning and told them the plans were to bring my uncle home with hospice care however things had rapidly declined today therefore heads up for a possible closing next week for a funeral (mind you I'm only open three days mon-wed anyway) ....only ONE didn't respond so when they picked up I told dcd that dcm didn't respond and he asked what the text was so I told him and with a grimace he said she didn't respond because the last time YOU (me) did this, they took her to work with them and it was disaster when they had no 'school' to take her to....I DID NOT RESPOND! I clarify in interview the importance of family and how large my family is and how some years nothing happens and some years are rough.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Senator Blackburn says that this BBB is going to prevent grandma from taking care of her grandkids.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    She works from home.

If you count back six weeks on the calendar, it just takes the first shot right after she recovered from COVID. Then dcd got covid, right after dcm recovered.

Although It makes sense knowing their personalities that they would freak out and get the shot after coming down with Covid but if they put off getting the shot that long why rush? Lol

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Sparkles do it so you don’t regret not doing it. I’ve noticed that about 4/5, the kiddos start to get on my nerves a bit more. 😅

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    I know there will be a small amount of families that will not be okay with government child care but they will be few and far between.
    I don't think there will be enough of them to support family child cares that opt not to play by the government rules.
    Many of the families in my area that are unhappy with public schools and pull their children out are also the type to not really believe in having someone else raise their child either so they tend to stay home and take care of their own kids verses needing to work as their focus is quality parenting and not so much the material things others crave. Basically the pool of parents that won't take free won't be enough to keep all little guys (us) in business.

• Cat Herder
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

....and since almost ALL families in the U.S. will qualify for child care funding assistance under this plan, WHO exactly will be using child care they have to pay for out of their own pockets?!?!

SMH.
    The same ones who are pulling their kids out of public schools in record numbers due to no trust in the system.

They can't keep kids safe, close constantly, ignore illness and they push agendas constantly.

We all know exactly how those rooms will be run.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    So let me get this straight....

This new BBB plan will allow programs/providers to opt out of the new requirements but only those programs/providers that participate (adhere to the new requirements) will be allowed to accept families using government funding.

ALL families that make less than $300,000 per year can receive some sort of government funding. (that's pretty much everyone that uses childcare)

The new requirements state that lead teachers must have at MIN a bachelor's degree in early childhood or equiv,
    All programs must pay wages to employees/staff that are close to a teacher's current yearly salary.
    All programs/providers will be required to participate in their state's QRIS program. (We knew/predicted this on this board years ago!)

Basically from what I am hearing, independently owned and operated in home family daycares and privately owned centers can still operate like they always have (following state licensing rules etc) but the clientele that use them can't use funding from CCDBG and will have to pay out of pocket.

SMH.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X