X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Alwaysgreener well yeah, parents think it’s a competition!

This is off topic, but funny… I used to play softball 20 years with one woman. I’m friends with her on social media, but otherwise, I haven’t really talked to her much. Her daughter is a few months younger than mine. Well, recently I posted DD2 singing her ABC’s. A day or so later, this acquaintance direct messages me a video of her child doing the same thing. WHY? LOL I didn’t send her a direct message of my daughter singing.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Every once in a while I would mention an achievement that my ds a year younger had done like put on his own shoes and suddenly DCB started getting better putting on his own shoes.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Alwaysgreener they’re not badly behaved children, there is just no independence. I too can’t stand it and I dread pick up. I’ve talked to mom about this, but I think she enjoys the need to be needed.

• Springvalley
    replied
    Employee has a kid that comes to our center and is the class that she teaches and is now in the hospital because he has an infection and they don't know where it's coming from. Everytime he gets sick she calls out and someone has to close or they have to combine classes . Administrator got mad because she called her at 3 the other morning and said that she needed to take her kid to there er and the administrator got so mad because of it and stated that something was fishy about it.. but today she commented on FB and said that she hoped he was better
    Last edited by Springvalley; 10-01-2021, 03:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    I have. I struggled with him and dreaded him coming. I think I described this on the old forum.

When he took off his coat, he would turn the sleeves inside out. So I tried to teach him how to fix the sleeves. I told him to put his arm in, grab a hold of the cuff and not let go, then pull his arm back through the sleeve, and even with me holding his hand shut, he would always let go (same with pants or anything). He would hold his shoe backwards and put his toes into the heal and cry because he could not put it on. He would always put both feet into the same pant leg. He would throw his play dough and just sit at the table the whole time while others played or would sit while others colored, even after I showed him what to do. When he started preschool when he turn 3 I thought things would improve but they did not.

But he was a professional at antagonizing other kids and throwing toys.

• GirlMomma
    replied
    I have a DCK2 that can’t put their own shoes on. No matter how many times the child is shown. DCK has an older sibling who is 3 and potty trained-ish. The issue is the independence. The child absolutely can’t pull up their own pants. Afterward, when it’s time to wash the child’s hands, the child looks at me clueless. I try to help and direct and it’s like the child’s fingers turn into noodles. Literally! I’ve never seen anything like it before.

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Had a DC parent that spent most of the summer trying to decide if she wanted to put her child in brick and mortar preschool or not (child is 3.5). I knew she was thinking about it but I didn't say anything as she never said anything directly to me about it. Finally right before school starts she says to me "I had NO idea you offered preschool for the kids at 3. So DH and I decided to keep her here with you." OK, problem solved.

This was discussed in depth during the meet/greet prior to enrollment but I understand her not remembering as her child was a baby when she started. Never mind that she has seen things/heard discussions about our preschool activities and read newsletter info in regards to the preschool stuff but whatever...

Anyways she was super excited her child was going to be participating in academic activities (her words) this year!

Fast forward to current time and her child spends several nights a week at grandma's house and being dropped off late/right before lunch time and she ends up missing all three "preschool" mornings here and then DCM asks why she didn't get to do the activity/project she saw on the website.

These parents are killin' me lately.
    the generation of kids we developed a QRIS classroom for where they didn't have to problem solve (search, adapt, observe how to for anything) are now parents....there is no logic, adaptation or rationale.....I repeat more than I ever have because no one retains what I say/print.....it's a fly-by-seat-of-your-pants generation....
    Last edited by Annalee; 09-30-2021, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Had a DC parent that spent most of the summer trying to decide if she wanted to put her child in brick and mortar preschool or not (child is 3.5). I knew she was thinking about it but I didn't say anything as she never said anything directly to me about it. Finally right before school starts she says to me "I had NO idea you offered preschool for the kids at 3. So DH and I decided to keep her here with you." OK, problem solved.

This was discussed in depth during the meet/greet prior to enrollment but I understand her not remembering as her child was a baby when she started. Never mind that she has seen things/heard discussions about our preschool activities and read newsletter info in regards to the preschool stuff but whatever...

Anyways she was super excited her child was going to be participating in academic activities (her words) this year!

Fast forward to current time and her child spends several nights a week at grandma's house and being dropped off late/right before lunch time and she ends up missing all three "preschool" mornings here and then DCM asks why she didn't get to do the activity/project she saw on the website.

These parents are killin' me lately.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Been there, that is why I make it due at drop-off on their last day of the week (I have pt families, so yesterday one family paid for next week by drop off) Today the other families are due, I am closed on fridays)

• Sparkles
    replied
    Do you have those parents that wait until absolute last minute to pay? I swear, they make my anxiety go through the roof

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    Why would someone put a van up for sale (or anything) and not respond to messages or show up for the test drive (two different vans)? Isn't supposed to be the buyer that is flaky? If you are flaky as a seller, you are not going to sell your stuff!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    replied
    Wow, the forum has become hard to find with google. Edge was being a PITA so I had to use Chrome. It took me forever to find you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    I had a new dcg start a few months ago, and the dcm personal life has some drama.

I've got another dcm that is a bit gossipy and feels the need to tell me everything (that she knows anyway) that goes on in this other dcm life. To the point that it feels she's talking bad about her and tries to make me feel like I shouldn't have her as a client.

I don't get involved in my dcf personal life and quite frankly, I do not care about their personal lives. As long as they follow my policies and pay me, we're all good 😎

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllSonShineAndRainbows
    replied
    Kid got called in sick with a stomach bug. Her mom messages me that afternoon that they told another family about us... while they were playing at the park.
    Great thought I guess, but why would you keep your kid home sick, then take them to a park to play with a bunch of other kids?!? (And I know she was actually sick, because another kid came down with it the next day)
    Last edited by ItsAllSonShineAndRainbows; 09-24-2021, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with you, you would think that it wouldn't be so dead on at this age but I had a DCB that didn't to his sister and DD when they were three. Once DCB started school I caught Dcg continue to bully DD to the point I had to do a hard on the spot term.
    When I tried to explain to dcb5.5 that what he did was wrong he then would claim the girls were bullying him when they didn't do what he wanted, which Ironically his way to continue to bully and control them.

After they left I have never had trouble with bullying again.

BTW dcm tried to bully me, when I charged her for being late she said " this can not happen again" and when I termed she said "I disappointed in you" so you can guess where they got it from.

Unfortunately Dcg and DD are in the same class this year, DD says she is nice but knowing that Dcg is prone to bullying I sent a message to the teacher and said " Dcg and DD have a past that I can not discuss due to privacy but I ask that they are not left alone." She gave me her word that she would keep an eye on them. (DD has selective mutism and would not necessarily be able to tell anybody that Dcg was bullying her)
Working...
X