X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkles
    replied
    It's hard to believe that bullying could start so young. I know they probably don't understand how their words hurt, but I know they know they aren't supposed to say mean things. I'll catch them whispering and then acting super guilty when I catch them.

Either this is the norm, or I've got a mean group of boys.

Leave a comment:

• Rockgirl
    replied
    I’m 100% convinced dcbaby is held every waking minute at home. She is NOT ok with being put down to play. Of course I do it anyway….when I put her on her tummy for tummy time, she is royally pi$$ed! The crying gets old. 😑

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    It’s raining. My backyard is flooded. I have a screaming 2YO. I have not had any coffee today.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Her second test is in and it is negative!!! But wait there is more... DCM texts and DCD has covid. She wants to know if the kids can come or not. So now I am waiting to find out if the dc kids have covid.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Lol it wasn't her doctor, it was one of the partners that I prefer not to see. Her doctor was not in.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Odd her regular doctor can't be more of use. I'd be looking for another doc.

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    Last Monday my daughter came home from school with a cough and she was sneezing. The night before she'd only slept about 4 hours.

Cuz of the covid rules I called her in sick the night before.

The next day I received a call from the school office, telling me I needed to talk to the doctor before she could return. I called the doctor's office and they agreed with me a cold or allergies. She had only coughed a few times the night before. And other than a stuffy nose she was back to herself after a good night sleep.

The school wanted it in writing, but the doctor's office because of the legalities said they would not put it in writing, which I understood.

Currently around here it is rare to get a same day appointment. I found one appointment at 4:00 but that wasn't enough time to get it to the lab that day. The local pharmacy had a 2:00 so I grabbed it.

Now this is where the fun begins. The website said it 2 to 5 days, which I I didn't think anything of it because people have had us back the next day, so I figured she would be back in school on Thursday.
    After she takes the test the pharmacist says 2 to 7 days and that the lab already picked up that day. When I asked when does the lab get picked up she says it varies.

On Thursday I call to see what the hold up is, I am told that most take 3 to 4 days and I should know by Saturday and that the lab is not in our state but in NJ.

I contact the online portal and I am now being told that it may take longer with no estimate.

My daughter who is symptom free, can't go to school in the morning because we don't have the results back yet. I have checked around and I choose the one place that sends out of state.

Tommorow she has a second appointment at an urgent care for another test, they were booked the day I tried to get her first test. Dh got tested with them before so I know what lab they use.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I would make changes if you could. My aunt used to run her own daycare and she said the one thing she wish she would have done differently is have everyone bring a sack lunch. Is that an option?

• Michael
    commented on 's reply
    I remember a time when littering was much worse. People would literally though out bags of trash as they were driving.

• Springvalley
    replied
    GirlMomma unfortunately we don't have that type of policy in place just that we provide breakfast lunch and snack and that if they have an allergy or sensitivity that we need a doctors note

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Is there anything in your policies saying you won’t provide special diet foods? I don’t provide special diet foods, not even for one child. I’ve learned they’d all expect it.

I also have a new child with a dairy allergy. It’s okay right now because the child is still on baby food. I honestly have no idea what I’m going to feed them when they start solids. There is way more with this child than I could begin to explain.

• Springvalley
    replied
    GirlMomma new child started this week and they've got SEVERE eczema so bad that when they scratch they bleed from scratching so much. Mom brought cream to put on but its not eczema cream its petroleum jelly and it doesn't help a bit. Plus they are also allergic to peanuts so we've literally had to change the menu because of this but they don't have an epipen there at the daycare. Got another child that's lactose free and has to have soy milk which isn't a big deal however when we have goldfish or yogurt, this child has to have an alternate but the parents never bring him stuff so that he doesn't feel left out but instead expects us to provide it which with lunch and afternoon snack on Thursdays its not a big deal because basically we just eliminate the dairy & we provide the soy milk because its just one child but everything else shouldn't be our respinsibility

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    I’m so sick of parents pushing back

Leave a comment:

• Momboss
    commented on 's reply
    Yea he did. Its been smelling like this for a couple weeks now.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    The one time I had breast milk that's not funny the baby ended up throwing up afterwards. Did the baby take the milk?
Working...
X