X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Excedrin Tension with a starbucks coffee release that tension....LOL Three big sips and you're good

• Blackcat31
    replied

Bleh...all my kiddos are sniffling and coughing. I hate this time of the year....
    I find that I clench my teeth when I wipe noses so by the end of the day I have a tension headache and a sore jaw and neck
    I don't mind winter at all but the change over from one season to the next is always "icky".

Leave a comment:

• livinglife
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the advice PB&J. I'll definitely take it into consideration. I'm also thinking of charging an extra monthly fee for children who are not potty trained by the 3. If it's not too much to ask, how should I define potty trained? I don't mind the child having an accident but I don't want it to turn into free for all.

I wish I would've thought of this from the start but I didn't and so far all of my dck's parents but dcb have seriously potty trained their children so that between 2-3.5 they were fully potty trained. But with the year is coming to an end and it will be the perfect time to institute the new changes before I have any more incoming toddlers and before the babies in my care are of toddler age.

• Momboss
    replied
    Pretty irritated today because a parent who brought their child in with a cold on Monday (confirmed not covid) has now gotten me sick. When i get a cold its bad. Irritating knowing that i wouldnt be sick if this child stayed home until they were better. I know its part of the job, but im irritated

Leave a comment:

• PB&J
    commented on 's reply
    Our handbook/contract states that kids must be potty trained before 38 mos (3 yrs and 30 days), and we define “potty trained” for them. At that point, we reserve the right to have them withdraw at half price (to hold their spot) while they commit to potty training boot camp at home. This gives us leeway to determine how hard the parents are trying and what we want to work with. Parents know this when they sign on and if they don’t want to do the withdrawal then they can give two weeks notice

• livinglife
    replied
    BCB is turning four in a few months and he refuses to use the toilet.

Honestly, I'm just over it. Diaper changing is never going to be the high light of childcare but it's just disgusting at this point. It completely reeks when he poops and then the entire daycare space reeks in turn (and I'm talkin' with his diaper on, before I even change him so you can imagine when I do change him) and with him being at an age where he's capable of using the toilet and choosing not to, it's frustrating.

I wouldn't mind so much if it were a case of him trying but having accidents here and there but neither are the case. He shows no inclination whatsoever (not even having a soiled pull-up bothers him).

When we first started, he was attempting but then it quickly waned. On top of that, his parent isn't putting in the work and bonus: bringing in those non-velcro-side-tab pull-ups. I take him to the potty when he's here but it's not translating into him asking to go. So when he goes on the potty, it's just happenstance, not purpose.

DCB takes the path of least resistance towards a lot of things, usually things that involve him doing things for himself. So, he definitely needs to be pushed. I feel like if he had more push from the home front, in a firm manner, he would progress in this area. I think right now, he knows that he doesn't have to try because the majority of the adults in his life are just going to change him.

Leave a comment:

• Springvalley
    replied
    Have you ever had a parent with a loud vehicle loud enough that it wakes all of the kids up during nap? Everyday parent pulls in no matter what time and leaves their vehicle running! It's so loud its insane and disrespectful

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Last night I schedule day text to be sent out at 6 this morning. Pretty much said what I posted above, due to you declining my formula...

DCm arrived without formula and said that she didn't see the text until she arrived at 7:30.

She said she would go home and get it but she brought me an open container.

She said it's her home stash and she made a couple bottles out of it.

So we're right she didn't want to go to the store.

I'm not bringing up me supplying formula, really cuz I don't want to but if she does I will agree to it as long as I have notice, not we don't want to go to the store so how about you use yours.

I hope my text make them think I can't just request formula.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I have two boys that, like clockwork, poop during nap time. One smells HORRID!

• Momboss
    replied
    I dont understand this at all. The minute DCB arrives at my daycare, he poops. Whether he is dropped off at 7, 7:15, 7:40, or 8… a minute after he arrives he poops. It is the most aweful smelling poop in the world. Why does he have to poop HERE. How does this never happen at home lol. How does this happen every time! Lol

Leave a comment:

• PB&J
    commented on 's reply
    Just point out to her that in this rare case when you were unable to give more advance notice, she is welcome to send enough in a Tupperware to feed baby until she can provide some from the store. She may be thinking that SHE doesn’t want to run to the store at the last minute either. Then make sure she has plenty of notice next time….and make sure she knows if she changes to the fp, you provide “xx” brand only. If she is particular, she may turn it down again.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    I forgot to message back, I am not sure how I would have said it but I never got a chance to message back.

Ugh, due to the fact that you declined my formula on our contract, I have no reason keep any formula on hand as it does expire.

Unfortunately, we went through this tub faster than I expected since she returned to care. So I will need formula at drop off today.

Ugh, what am I go going to do if they want to change the food program contract and agree to my formula? I despise having to buy formula. I never bought any for my kids and most of my dick have been breastfed babies.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    We have the same in-laws. It’s obnoxious!

• Springvalley
    replied
    We hired a new employee at our center about 3 weeks ago and they were in their two week training period and everything was going well. About 1 week into their training things got weird, soon to be teacher said they swapped jobs because of drama in the workplace, The day they said they didn't have a vehicle they literally walked to the fast food place got their food and came back. They completed all of their paperwork except their background check, medical etc. We found out also during that week that they had a criminal record. The owners found out and let the employee go. Fast forward to today, co worker gets text stating that they had contacted the owner via text and claimed that the administrator was abusing the kids, and how dare they allow that to happen and that the whole town is going to find out about it and they hoped they got reported etc basically a bunch of crap so we contacted dhr and they told us to keep the doors locked because we don't know what they will do.

Leave a comment:

• PB&J
    commented on 's reply
    Ahhhhhhh in laws. Twenty bucks says she comes at that time specifically to rile the kids up and be able to comment on it. I’m jaded due to in law history. Hopefully she is just too excited to see you to wait!
Working...
X