X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlMomma
    replied
    Is it a full moon or something? My DCKs have been driving me insane today! We even went outside this morning & they're all bouncing off the walls!

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    replied
    It depends on the director and owner. That pretty much goes for any questions about working in a center.

Leave a comment:

• Springvalley
    replied
    Quick question. Are employees allowed to threaten their kids in front of other kids if they work in a center?

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Hang in there. They always behave the worst in summer and at the holidays. We are halfway there. We can do this... My PITA is driving me crazy, too. Deep breaths.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly!!!!! Just something to complain about......if you want to leave, FINE, just don't find something WRONG with ME to do it!!!!!
    Last edited by Annalee; 06-23-2021, 05:14 AM.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Ugh, I hate that. How long was the ride? How big was the sippy cup in the car? How much sugar was in it? Lots of sugar in one drink pulls fluid from everywhere in the body to remove it. I am constantly teaching this to parents. Dehydration can be caused by lots of sugar in the car and it looks like an unchanged diaper. Hugs

• Annalee
    replied
    Ok, this must be my venting week I ALWAYS check my kids before taking them to the door for pickup. DCM text me a few minutes after dcd picked up dcb and said dcb was wet all the way up to his neck. I called and professionally-kinda- let her have it. By the end of the call, she was like "oh, ms xxxx, I told him his skin wasn't red and this was not like ms xxxx da ta da ta da". This is the same dcm that said she was 'strapped' to pay her fifth of what I charge for overage pay as she is paid through essential worker pay

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    I had a load of pea gravel in several big piles in my playground.......thought my daycare kids would LOVE jumping in, dumptruck playing, shovels/buckets playing until it was all spread out a littel.....what is is with kids these days.....no work of any kid....just stood and looked at it......guess I will have to get the rake and shovel out but my goodenss! as kids, we would have loved this kind of play!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    DCM (whom pays a fifth of what I charge per her overage as the state is paying the rest for essential worker pay) told me she was "strapped" right now and didn't know how much longer she could do this Well, sorry about your luck, lady!!!! This is what is happening with all this 'free money'.....no one wants to pay for anything even if it's their responsibility.....no accountability whatsoever!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    It's hard running a daycare and also being a people pleaser. I have a strong backbone with some things, and others not so much. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    NO, DCM! Do NOT bring the special cookies you use as incentive for dcb2 to potty; do not bring HIS potty; DO NOT bring him in undewear this morning and YES YOU SHOULD have discussed this with me before just now in a lengthy text.....NOT MY FAULT!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Too late for me to close too....Many of my closings (NAFCC conference, trip to Georgia) fell in July this year that are usually in August or the Spring so I'm already closed six days this month so I will wait till next year....

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Today is the first official one (observed, it is Saturday), he just called it too late for me to close. 2/3 of my adult kids got the day off, today. They got robocalls last night.
    Last edited by Cat Herder; 06-18-2021, 03:58 AM.

• Annalee
    replied
    Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    How about a little notice Biden. I could have had tomorrow off PAID. Our Juneteenth crafts are already done and everything. I will send you the bill, buddy. Waiting until the last dang moment, just like a man.
    Had a call fromm daycare friend that we get another Federal Holiday next year.

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    replied
    How about a little notice Biden. I could have had tomorrow off PAID. Our Juneteenth crafts are already done and everything. I will send you the bill, buddy. Waiting until the last dang moment, just like a man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X