X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkles
    commented on 's reply
    Mom got off 3 hours ago and child is still here. I close in 20 minutes. This has been the longest day everrrr.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    I walk them out. "They can see you, it is disrupting the class. Have a great night."

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    Don't parents tell you what days they will or won't be there? If I had only one scheduled child and wanted to have the day off, I'd tell them I wasn't available to take their child. I wouldn't be worried about them not liking it and pulling as a kid that only comes one day a week isn't worth it to me.
    If parents don't tell you...maybe it's time they did so you can have days off planned in advance.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I’d open the door so the child can their parent, I’ve done this a few times. 😉
    Last edited by GirlMomma; 2 days ago.

• Pestle
    replied
    Parent texted to say that "Trader Joe's is calling" and so they will be later than usual for pick up. Parent arrived earlier than usual for pick up and has been sitting in their car for half an hour while their child has an accident, splashes in it, dumps their snack, and yanks the snack from another (now sobbing) child's hand. It is now past the later than usual time that the parent told me they would pick up out. They are still out there.
    Last edited by Pestle; 2 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    Murphy's Law :-(

• Rockgirl
    commented on 's reply
    Ugh! That always seems to happen. I hope the child is good for you today, so you can still have a somewhat-easy day.

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Just saw dcg3 at the library she's doing fine and no fever. She's eating fine and playing well.

• Sparkles
    replied
    I'm so bummed!!!

I was SO CLOSE to having a paid day off...which never happens. Late morning, dad shows up with the only kid here today - IN HIS PAJAMAS. This child hasn't been here in a few weeks because her mom enrolled her full time in a daycare in the town where she works, so she's been going there. This child is only contracted for Fridays. So, of course, on the one day she's here is when everyone else is gone Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I was thinking of all I was going to do today.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Yikes!!!!!

• Springvalley
    replied
    Originally posted by GirlMomma View Post
    My dream is to build my business into a daycare center. But managing the employees will be a nightmare - I’m better off keeping it in my home.
    It's a nightmare for us as well. Here's how it went:
    1) 3 employees got fired
    2) one employee wanted the job supposedly and went through the interview and then on the 1st day blocks the admin on fb because the admin asked if they were coming in
    3) 2 employees quit via text message
    4) one employee went to lunch and never came back
    5) 1 employee gave a 1 day notice and quit
    Last edited by Springvalley; 2 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Sending hugs! ❤️

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like a rough week! I hope you're able to avoid getting sick yourself.

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    Monday DCM follows me and DD10 down to the bus stop when she showed up late for drop off. That night DD shows signs of being sick but test neg.

Tuesday - DCG5 does not come because she was body slammed and was in pain. (no names were mentioned but it was most likely dcb9) DD stays home sick and is quarantined in her room. I have to find other arrangements for DCG14m to sleep because I do not want dcg to get what dd has.

Wednesday - DD is still sick, she seems better but the virus is still kicking her butt, retest her for covid and she was still neg. Call doc to make sure is not RSV. DCG14m is called in sick. Later dcm text and dcg14m has covid. I let other parents know. I follow up with dcm and find out she and dcd has covid too.

Thursday - DCG5 is back, she is full of surprises, she goes to the bathroom and comes out saying, looks at this. She has a minor freckle-like rash on her hand. I go to snap a picture and she says mom already took a picture. DCB9 says mom thinks it is chicken pox. I think it is just a reaction to something she touched. DCG5 says it does not itch but I check with mom anyway. Mom is aware and is going to be talking to the doctor about it later. I put her on the bus.
    DCG3 comes in acting normal but with less than normal appetite. She plays hard with DS4 all day and sleeps at naptime. After naptime, she heads to snack and the SA kids walk in, just as she starts throwing up. I text dcm, she is throwing up please come pick her up. She had very little in her stomach and she listen well when I made her go to the trash can. It was an easy cleanup but boy did I feel gross when I was done. DCM is going to covid test DCG3.
    DD is feeling better but fighting me on getting her schoolwork caught up. She is trying to stay home another day.

I am so done for the week and I pray I do not get sick.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    My dream is to build my business into a daycare center. But managing the employees will be a nightmare - I’m better off keeping it in my home.
Working...
X