• Show
Clear All

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    EWWW

That's all

• Springvalley
    replied
    Here's what happened both sets of parents became friends to the point to where it became a little more then friends and now they are all getting divorced so that both dcm1&dcm2 can get with the others spouse.

Leave a comment:

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    People often say one thing and do another in all kinds of situations. lol She just said the words she thought you wanted to hear.

If it had been me in that situation, I would have required her to keep her kid out for the full 10 days or he tested negative before allowing him to return. I know that the rules have eased up but because my family members are high risk and there are new variants, I've already told my dc parents that I will continue to stick to stricter rules than the CDC or EEC now tell me I need to follow. Even if it weren't for my family members, I would have told the mom to keep him home at least until after the holiday, explaining that it wouldn't be fair to put the other families at risk any more than they already have been, especially right before the holiday.

Edited to say: For the record, I would have asked her to keep him home regardless of the illness - Covid, stomach bug, cold...It's not fair to unnecessarily expose the others even further just before a big holiday.
    Last edited by e.j.; 1 day ago.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    This post made me think of 'who's on first, what's on second, etc.'. these families have so much drama that I don't even ask.....no parent comes into my facility anyway so I just hi and bye every morning. If they follow the rules, so be it! LOL
    Last edited by Annalee; 2 days ago.

• Momboss
    replied
    Man I thought this was kinda funny…. I have a dcb whose mom is a teacher not working in the summer. She brings him 2 days a week in the summer just to keep him used to going somewhere, I understand that. He was supposed to come Tuesday and friday this week. Monday night she calls to say he had a pcr test done and he has covid. She felt terrible that he may have exposed kids last week. I say that if he is symptom free, he can come friday. She kept saying how bad she felt for exposing kids.
    guess what? This same parent who felt bad and who doesnt work, was very eager to bring her child today. Yes its been 5 days like cdc says, but you dont work and supposedly feel so bad, so why dont you just keep him home until after the holiday? Ye slets expose kids right before the holiday. *eye roll*. 5 days is garbage and is really meant for the people who really need to ge tback to work. But if your able to quarentine longer, then you should. If you are someone who feels so bad about exposing others and takes covid so seriously where you had your 5 ye old get the vaccine the moment they could, then why are you so okay with bringing your kid to daycare when he probably still has covid.
    edit to add that idc about covid. I just think its funny when people who are so afriad of it and take it so seriously, act like its not a big deal once they have it or once it inconveniences them.
    Last edited by Momboss; 2 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• Springvalley
    replied
    Here's a unique situation (that we unfortunately got threw into). Last year we had 5 kids start back to back, 2 are in school and 3 were in the younger class and the pre k class (different ages). Grandparents had custody of 3 of the 5 because dcm1 was having issues and was out of state. This is where it gets crazy, dcm2 had 2 kids that came plus custody of another, dcm1 got custody of her kids back from grandparents when she moved back. Later on, dcm2 came to work as a teacher in the school age room and she & dcm1 became friends.

Fast forward to this year, dcm1 continues working and everything was good or so we thought, one evening dcm2 and another teacher were talking about things and the subject came up about relationships and dcm2 stated something that was very inappropriate and was really not a child centered topic about what she does in her spare time. Well, eventually it got around to the administrator and she got fired because of the inappropriate topic and also because she yelled at the school-agers and parents heard it. Well, after everyone found out about her getting fired we all found out what else was going on with dcm1,dcm2 and their spouses. This week, spouse of dcm1 tries to come & get dcm2's kids and the bio dad of the kids took dcm1 & her spouse off the list and we pretty much told him they would have to work this out.

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    We never used masks. lol!! They said we can get test kits, but the post office gave them out for free to every house. I only needed one the entire time so I could fly back home after vacation. They are still trying to make a pandemic happen, any pandemic that will stick.... they liked the control too much.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    and no one even uses masks now anyway but sounds like yours would probably disintegrate very easily due to being old LOL

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Would you like $1500 worth of facemasks and cheap paper towels that have been in a warehouse since 2020? - That you have to sign a legal document stating you can be prosecuted for any personal use when they know you can only keep 6 kids because they set the ratio?.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    oh my goodness!!!!

• Cat Herder
    replied
    My State:

A rule change that could cost me my business = not one email and buried under the wrong tab on their website.

A taxable grant that only covers useless crap from their chosen provider = close to 30 emails. 5, today, the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Rockgirl

That kinda happened to me once. When I first opened, I had low enrollment and took on a drop-in family. She did not pay in advance but said in passing that she may need Thursday. I did not want to on Thursday since I had no other kids that day, so I did not confirm with her or ask for payment. Thursday came and I left home. She showed up 2 hours after she had commented that she was going to come. At this time I was not home but my neighbor/dad was and he gave me a call which made it really awkward. I wanted her to learn that she had to schedule the time (and pay in advance) with me not just make a comment and show up randomly but here he is standing there on the phone in front of her asking me to come home since he is deaf, his phone calls are always on speaker. I did not come home, I told her that I did not have her request in writing, and she reschedule a day when I was open. LOL

• Rockgirl
    commented on 's reply
    This is so disrespectful! Not to mention presumptuous. What if no one else was coming one day, so you made plans to leave town with your family?

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I’m starting to hold parents to what they say and turn them away at the door. I have a DCM that always does this (she’s off all federal holidays) and I can’t stand it.

• Sparkles
    replied
    Communication seems to be lacking lately.

Dcm didn't know if her child would be here the rest of this week, but said she would let me know and keep me updated. I guess they won't be since they are a no call, no show.

Was told dcg would be out for a month to spend time with family. Said they'd see me in July (they know they have to pay for the spot). Has randomly showed up a few days this month with no communication.

I'm sure they don't get it, but I like to know how many kids I have so I can plan for food, activities, etc. *sigh* It's another one of those "I wouldn't do that to the person caring for my child" moments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X