Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TwinMama
    replied
    Pack n play until one years old. Children over the age of one use nap mats here.

Leave a comment:

• BaileeB
    commented on 's reply
    MissCait no, definitely not crazy! I was so happy they were recalled as well! I wish more people knew about the car seats. I have said things to moms a few times. Usually they are receptive and appreciative. Sometimes they aren’t though. I can’t just NOT say something though.

• MissCait
    commented on 's reply
    BaileeB

Omg! So I wasn’t crazy! I felt mine looked grey too. I definitely thought she wasn’t alive. That’s why I screamed. It was a scream I’ll never forget. And I couldn’t get to her fast enough so I jumped in the air and threw myself to her. Just crazy what you do in the most moments. But that scream brought her back. I’m so glad those things got recalled, but I know so many innocent lives were lost before it got recalled. Car seats will do the same thing when not in a car.

• BaileeB
    commented on 's reply
    MissCait The EXACT same thing happened with my daughter! She was about 2-3 months old. She is almost 5 now. She was laying in her rock n sleep in the living room while her dad and I were getting dressed. I walked out to the living room to check on her after about 5-10 minutes and she was pale and gray. She is Hispanic so she was a fairly dark skinned baby and as soon as I looked at her I knew something was wrong. I ran over and put my hand on her chest and could tell she wasn’t breathing. I SCREAMED for her dad. He came running in and we started trying to wake her up. Her dad picked her up and was yelling and damn near shaking her. she jumped awake and started crying. It all happened in the span of maybe 30 seconds. But it was one of the most terrifying things of my life. No one believed me or her dad and thought we were paranoid and she was just in a good sleep. I hardly slept for over a month after. I just sat up and watched her.

• MissCait
    commented on 's reply
    I swear I almost lost my second to the dumb rock n sleeps. I’ll never forget the way she looked, pale and lifeless. I thought she was already dead. And I screamed this awful scream and lunged myself towards her and she startled so bad she threw her body up and woke up. Then I grabbed her. And this was me checking on her because I did. We were outside and I left her to sleep in it, but was coming in every so often and checking on her. Those things are recalled now as you know. Thank goodness they are too. Anyway the doctor blew me off, said she was in a deep sleep. And maybe she was. but I do wonder if I had waited just a few minutes later, would she be here.

• MissCait
    commented on 's reply
    That’s awful, I’m so sorry.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    I like to think he has saved many lives over the years. I teach classes with over 700 people every year for over 20 years, now. His smile and story have made more of an impact than anyone I know, for sure.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    That happened here to an 8 month old and I still to this day do not believe it was SIDS either. Maybe education can help with this issue! So sorry, CH. I can only imagine! insert heart emoji

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, man. They are such a blessing on the playground with the non-mobile kids. Supervision is the key.

I tend to buy one for each new infant, then donate it after they outgrow it. The tax write-offs eliminate the out-of-pocket costs entirely.
    Last edited by Cat Herder; 07-13-2022, 08:21 AM.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Whatever works! LOL

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Boom goes the dynamite....

• Cat Herder
    replied
    Full disclosure: My son died unsupervised in a back bedroom, in a pack-n-play, at a home daycare provider's home 30 years ago.

He was not the first and will not be the last.

It was ruled SIDS. That does not mean that is what it would be ruled today.
    Last edited by Cat Herder; 07-13-2022, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    I cut the front mesh out, zip tied in some battery sparkly lights, and topped it with a colored sheet to make a great toddler reading room.

Stacking them as a biter cage was a running joke for years...... lolol

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    I turn them upside down on my kids...LOL JUST KIDDING!!!! needed some laughs today!

• Cat Herder
    replied
    Originally posted by Annalee View Post
    I have always used pnp.....
    The key is supervised. Supervised sleep. I doubt you leave them in another room unsupervised during nap time. That is when the injuries and deaths are happening. Pets, older kids, climbing, alien abduction, neighbors escaped anaconda.... really anything can happen unsupervised.

Same as with unsupervised in high chairs or swings.
    Last edited by Cat Herder; 07-13-2022, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X