Policies changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policies changes

Due to recent events, I am looking to change or add policies.
    1. Clothing policy with more detail on what not to wear. (Jumpers, dress boots... )
    2. Make a pick and get out of my house by contract time/ closing time policy --- not show up at 5:29
    3. Day care spending policy and signing documentation for it. Like limiting when they can ask for me to do this. - or maybe a paperwork fee like my doctor's office does, certain paperwork gets charged a fee for completing
    Any advice on any of these policies would be helpful.

1) ABC Childcare Dress code: When your infant is enrolled in group care, comfortable, easy on/off clothing is required. Potty trained toddlers should wear clothing they can easily manage themselves without the providers help or supervision. Dresses without shorts, jeans, overalls/bibs, rompers, dress shoes, lace up shoes and open toed shoes are not permitted.

2) Please have a back-up plan to make sure your child is signed out and off of the premises at 5:30. You will be invoiced at $1/min if you are still on the premises at 5:30 or later. Repeat offenders may be terminated.

3) Any forms you request to be filled out or printed will require a $xx fee per page.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwaysgreener View Post
    Due to recent events, I am looking to change or add policies.
    1. Clothing policy with more detail on what not to wear. (Jumpers, dress boots... )
    2. Make a pick and get out of my house by contract time/ closing time policy --- not show up at 5:29
    3. Day care spending policy and signing documentation for it. Like limiting when they can ask for me to do this. - or maybe a paperwork fee like my doctor's office does, certain paperwork gets charged a fee for completing
    Any advice on any of these policies would be helpful.
    My policies state:

#1 Please send your child in clothing that easily managed. Changing diapers and assisting with bathroom use can be time consuming when clothing is difficult. Clothing for children that are potty training or already trained must be easy enough that your child can manage independently. For infants and toddlers still in diapers, pants that can easily pull on/off are best. Any clothing item that has snap or button legs is not permitted. Onsie's or snap crotch undershirts are fine.

#2 ABC Child Care closes AT 5:00. This means you need to have your child signed out, dressed and in the car NO LATER than 4:59. Any parent still on the daycare property at 5:00 will be assessed a late pick up fee.

#3 I don't have a policy for this as I don't have any parents bring me forms to fill out or sign so I am unfamiliar with any of that.

Perhaps, you could set aside a specific day of the month that parents need to drop off forms and then designate a day for them to pick them back up.
    Drop off last Monday of month and pick up the last day of month,

Comment

Blackcat31 Thanks for your help

so my issue is that I recently had a family, that are no longer with me, that one day at pick up Dad asked me to sign the form. Okay I did it but then it would be a regular occurrence, couple times a week and on random days but always at pickup.

Per contract he was picking up at the end of nap, so I would wake his child first change her and then meet him at the door. Then go back and wake or let up the rest of the kids but he kept me at the door, either talking/asking questions or remembering that he needed the form signed. If they hadn't left I was going to tell him that I could only sign on Tuesdays or something.

My only other time dealing with this, the would ask for a end of year record in the fall. Which I didn't have an issue with because I could print it and have them sign a copy.

So what about this...

Paperwork
      When families need paperwork signed by the provider for things such as but not limited to taxes, child care spending account, or CDC, families must schedule a time to drop off paperwork. Paperwork will be returned to families the next business day. Any paperwork that must be mailed or returned earlier will be subject to fees.

Paperwork must be completed by family and not missing any pages or it will not be signed. Any new paperwork that is bought without authorization may not be signed or may take longer to be returned.

Child Care reserves the right to maintain a copy of all paperwork signed or unsigned by provider.

Staff members do not have authorization to sign any paperwork.

Provider reserves the right to refuse to sign any paperwork, for any reason.

Comment

• Blackcat31
        Blackcat31 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that sounds perfect as I would hate to be put on the spot and asked to sign something I have not read or am not familiar with.

Why not just require them to send all documents in PDF format? You can fill and digitally sign them at your leisure. That's how I manage all enrollment forms and documentation, now. Simple.

Comment

• Cat Herder
        Cat Herder commented
        Editing a comment
        And no more worries about illegible forms.

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a bad idea to add electronic paperwork as an option. However state rules say that I have to provide Internet access to any client that request it if I require everything to be done electronically. That may include handing over my lap top too. That would be a no go for me, so I won't require paperless but I will add electronic as an option.

The ironic part is the state now does all their paperwork electronically but not all day care providers have internet. I know one in my area that has been in business for almost 30 years, the internet nor computers are her friend.
    Working...
    X