Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas From Daycare.com

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Merry Christmas From Daycare.com

    Hope you all have a cheerful and joyous Christmas.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9C7234E1-141C-4D6F-B19B-12DA4739EF1A.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	17546


  • #2
    Merry Christmas, Michael. Thank you for giving all of us a place to ask questions and learn, share our daycare experiences and vent our frustrations. Happy New Year, too!

    Comment


    • #3
      Merry Christmas
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Annalee; 12-25-2022, 01:00 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Merry Christmas
        Christy Sewell

        Comment


        • #5
          My fourth and last Christmas Meal for 2022......counting my blessings today and ALL gets a .....Hope ALL have a WONDERFUL DAY!
          Last edited by Annalee; 12-25-2022, 01:03 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            While it was Merry here in Moorpark the temp was 81F today. I would have preferred a cold, white Christmas instead

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post
              While it was Merry here in Moorpark the temp was 81F today. I would have preferred a cold, white Christmas instead
              We got a blizzard! Worst storm I've ever seen in my lifetime.

              Comment


              • flyingjewels
                flyingjewels commented
                Editing a comment
                You okay? I know some areas are in a lot of trouble with that storm.

              • e.j.
                e.j. commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you in the Buffalo area? If so, you got a crazy amount of snow! I hope you're doing ok.

              • GirlMomma
                GirlMomma commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you okay? I have been thinking of you.

            • #8
              Yes, I live in a suburb near Buffalo. We got hammered. I had my daughter come stay with us from Thursday on because she lives and goes to college at Canisius.
              People did not listen and take it serious. Lots of folks stranded on roads. Weather stations warned to be wherever you had to be by Friday morning. Sadly 30 have died in the blizzard.
              We never lost power and I am beyond grateful. Wind gusts of almost 80 mph Friday and Saturday with sustained wind speeds of 30-35 mph.

              Comment


              • e.j.
                e.j. commented
                Editing a comment
                It's so sad that so many lost their lives. Glad to hear you and your family are safe and that you didn't lose power. That truly is something to be grateful for in such cold temperatures and fierce winds.

            • #9
              Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
              Yes, I live in a suburb near Buffalo. We got hammered. I had my daughter come stay with us from Thursday on because she lives and goes to college at Canisius.
              People did not listen and take it serious. Lots of folks stranded on roads. Weather stations warned to be wherever you had to be by Friday morning. Sadly 30 have died in the blizzard.
              We never lost power and I am beyond grateful. Wind gusts of almost 80 mph Friday and Saturday with sustained wind speeds of 30-35 mph.
              As a northern Minnesotan that endures harsh winters every year, I totally understand blizzards and those blizzards that are odd to the area so stay safe!
              I am sending prayers for you and everyone around you 🥰

              Comment


              • #10
                I hope you had Merry Christmas!

                We got down to 1 degree, then around 8 for a few days. We did not really know what to do with that if it continued long-term. The power company was belligerently demanding everyone cut their usage or they would do rolling blackouts and descend into our social media platforms with public shaming. I enjoyed the irony of the state pushing electric vehicles with the other side of its mouth while allowing yet another 12% increase in power bills. I am currently at $422 for 1500 square feet, total, one level. We did lose power a few times, but never more than an hour or two.

                I bought a propane, tabletop griddle to add to my arsenal. That I am going to enjoy, I think.

                Comment


                • Cat Herder
                  Cat Herder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are up to a whopping 12, now. Happily, I am not supposed to take them out in it. Our gear is simply not up to it. It should be back in the 50's soon.

              • #11
                Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                I hope you had Merry Christmas!

                We got down to 1 degree, then around 8 for a few days. We did not really know what to do with that if it continued long-term. The power company was belligerently demanding everyone cut their usage or they would do rolling blackouts and descend into our social media platforms with public shaming. I enjoyed the irony of the state pushing electric vehicles with the other side of its mouth while allowing yet another 12% increase in power bills. I am currently at $422 for 1500 square feet, total, one level. We did lose power a few times, but never more than an hour or two.

                I bought a propane, tabletop griddle to add to my arsenal. That I am going to enjoy, I think.
                We have a generator and we have a gas fireplace that can run for many hours on 2 D batteries. I got a small space heater for my foster kitten room that currently has a mom cat who gave birth to her 5 kittens on Christmas Day.
                We get ridiculous wind storms here that come right out of the southwest at least 4-5 times a year. The city of Buffalo is still under a strict military driving ban. Some still have no power.

                Comment


                • Cat Herder
                  Cat Herder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was unaware of what happened in Buffalo yesterday. Wow, that was awful.
              Working...
              X