I’m Fuming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m Fuming

Family is on their last two weeks. Mutual decision (mostly me suggesting they start searching for something and then they decided that it was a team decision for them to move on). Kid cries.all.day. Family has been with me 4 months. They have been late 5 times. Today I was ready to cry because it was that bad. Dcd shows up AFTER closing time. I go outside and he’s just chit chatting with the other parents…. I’m ready to terminate today and just say good riddance. I got the generic ‘sorry didn’t realize it was late’ but they text and knew it was after pick up time. Then the audacity to just chat as if they have all the time in the world. What’s worse is that they were off today so no reason at all for that. Im
    just mentally exhausted. This child is NOT suited for daycare.
    Am I being too emotional to end today?

Oh my!

Honestly, I would term immediately.
    Id text and/or email and tell them you are done. Effective immediately.
    After the late pick up today, it’s clear you’re not the right fit for them.

Who cares if they have new care lined up or not…, it’s not YOUR problem.
    They don’t care about you or value you so stop worrying about them.

Be done now. Save yourself the stress.

Love yourself first!! You will never regret doing so.

Comment

• Sahm121
      Sahm121 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any chance you can help with wording?

• Blackcat31
      Blackcat31 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dear DCF
      Due to the number of late pick ups within the last x months (today being another) and the stress this has on my personal life/family, I feel it is best to terminate our agreement for services immediately.
      You may pick up DCKs belongings on xx day. I will email you your tax statement on xx day.
      Thank you
      Provider

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      What BC wrote is good.

I would draft a letter like this:
    "To whom it may concern:
    I am writing you to inform you that due to the following instances that have occurred since you have started here on (whatever date) I believe that we need to terminate care effective immediately. Below are the following instances in which this termination of your contract is occurring:
    1. Late pickup
    2. Disobeying policies
    3. Child is not emotionally or developmentally ready to transition to group care.
    If you have any questions or need to come and get their things, please call the center or send an email.
    Thanks"
    Christy Sewell

Comment

I’m sorry you had to go through this!
      Last edited by GirlMomma; 05-26-2023, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X