Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annalee
    replied
    I haven't ordered one yet...my nephew says the same thing Michael says; if I want it long-term to find one with more/better specs! So....

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    I use it for my daycare business, emails/documents/etc, zoom meetings.....Thanks for the info; haven't purchased anything yet but researching!

• Michael
    commented on 's reply
    Well, its cheap for a reason. 8GB or RAM isn't much but when you up it to the 16GB its another $300. These days I don't think 8GB of RAM is enough but I also don't know what you are using the computer for. Windows is a RAM hog. You might find after loading several programs that the RAM is being supplemented by your hard drive, which is much slower in tasking information. Hopefully your video card has its own RAM but if it doesn't it will eat up more of your motherboard RAM.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy...?skuId=6453188
    Another one I am looking at?

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    I order direct from websites. Stores like best buy add junk advertisment and trial programs that take up memory before you get it. However the advertisement are what bring down the cost which makes it look like you're getting a good deal but you're actually getting less memory.

My last computer is a touch screen from HP. It is a regular laptop vs the tablet/laptop girlmomma described.

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    Michael, I would appreciate your input on the ram and other things I know nothing about! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    I bought an HP laptop that is a 2-in-1 about two years ago. It’s a touchscreen & has the regular keyboard. You can flip closed so you can almost use it like a tablet… if that makes any sense at all! LOL I also bought a wireless mouse to go with it. I don’t have any idea about the RAM or anything else. LOL It does what I need it to do

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    this oneDell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 14" Touch-Screen Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 8GB Memory 256GB SSD Sandstorm i7405-A388TUP-PUS - Best Buy

or one of these two.....laptops - Best Buy

I had a dell inspirion previous model last time
    Last edited by Annalee; 07-23-2021, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    I bought my in-laws the same touch-screen desktop. I have no experience with touch-screen laptops. It would be interesting to see the specs on each. The video card speed and and extra RAM are pretty important these days.

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    started a topic Touchscreen Laptop

Touchscreen Laptop

My touchscreen died a year ago; so I bought the cheapest non-touchscreen thing and really loved my touchscreen as it helped my carpel tunnel issues; now researching and have found the dell inspirion which is what I recently had; but also have found the lenova; both at best buy at good deals. Any suggestions for y'all to be offered before I purchase?
    Last edited by Annalee; 07-23-2021, 11:14 AM.
Working...
X