X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Did no one show up? Did they call at any point or just not show?

• Annalee
    replied
    I only have 7 today....I was smacked yesterday so God took care of me today.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    I am unexpectedly off today.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    I am closing next Friday!

I am ready for a 4 day weekend and TWO 4 day work weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    One of my church friends have started back up at the gym....much easier to go when you have that accountability partner...had slacked back to 2-3 days at the gym but got 4 days in this week already and plans to go tomorrow... Been a stressful week personally and professionally so good timing!

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    Dh had to work over today but I got done an hour early and get to take my ds to check out the local karate class instead of dh. Woohoo.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, it was funny the staff heard the noise and I commented that she was choking. The waitress left and out came the manager to talk with her. She did not finish her lunch, they boxed it up. She was still coughing a little when we left. She nodded to me as I walked by.

Tuesday will be a day that I will remember for sure. I had another encounter that morning at the dollar store (plus the photo story on the funny thread)

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    My second story from Tuesday

I had stopped at the dollar store to exchange an item. The lady in front of me looks and acts about 65-69, is leaning on the counter and not standing up straight, and has a small (deck of cards size) metal lunch box that she has cram pack full, using it as a purse (a bag fell out and I picked it up for her, it contains one slightly bent cigarette, her voice sounds old and worn out. She is only buying one item, a small bottle of hand sanitizer. She told the cashier that she wanted to put a dollar on her debit card and she was going to pay the rest in coins. The cashier did not hear her or understand her or something.

Lady: Is this how I put the card in
    Me (cashier did not respond) Yes
    Lady: repeats to the cashier
    Cashier: I'm not sure I can't see the card
    Me: It says waiting for the cashier
    Cashier: oops (pushes some buttons)
    Lady: Now what do I do
    Me: Tap the red box
    Lady: now what do I do
    Me: put in your pin, (as I look away)
    Lady: I do not know my pin
    Me: then push the green button

We wait and the transaction fails. The lady then tries to hand the coins to the cashier. Oh I say, she wanted to pay with cash too, (heard her say it but wasn't paying attention too closely)

I assume that was why the transaction failed, not enough funds. So rather than embarrass the lady and I impatiently do not want to repeat the steps over, I hand the cashier a dollar.

The lady does not see me handing the dollar over and asks if the transaction went through.

The cashier and I explain that it did not and that I paid for her. The lady wants to pay me back and I tell her to pay it forward. As the lady thanks me she comments that it is hard getting old and that she will be 55 soon. The cashier repeats 55 and the lady confirms it.

Once her transaction is complete, I tell the cashier that I am there to exchange my item. As I head into the store to get a new one, I pass the lady's cart and see 3 stuffed toys (very dirty and loved)

I felt so sad for her and was happy that I could help her out even if I was doing it to rush things along.

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    How scary! Glad the person was saved!
    Choking is sadly still a common cause of death.

Two years ago my sister and her DH went to Outback Steakhouse with her FIL for dinner. FIL choked on a piece of steak and died…in the restaurant 😬😳.
    The diners seated next to them were off duty EMTs and there was nothing they could do to save him. I literally couldn’t image how traumatic that situation was.

Again…sooo glad your experience had a positive outcome 💕

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    You had a hand in saving her, too. (No pun intended!) Must be a great feeling. All those hours of CPR/First Aid trainings for daycare paid off!

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    My DH and I went on Tuesday for our anniversary (25). As we were eating, the woman at the table behind Dh started choking. I said, I think she is choking, her friend got up, and went to her and so did Dh. She tried to help her friend and I said, you are too high (hand placement), go lower, she did and saved her friend.

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    Two day week next week .....off through the holiday weekend......very timely and needed!!!!
    Last edited by Annalee; 2 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Sahm121
    replied
    I asked one of my daycare moms if there was anyway she could pick up coffee for my assistant today because I wouldn’t have time after taking my kids to school and running back to open daycare. She showed up with coffee for both us, donuts, And gift cards . We handed her her mothers day gift and she starts to cry and then we start to cry because it was all so sweet! This is only One of my seven daycare parents who seems to see and appreciate all we do, but these are the moments that inspire me and keep me going 🥰

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    I have been blessed this week! It is 3:40 and my kids are GONE!

DD has a game tonight so I have time to get ready for that, bathe my youngest DD before the game and get some cleaning done!

Leave a comment:

• littlefriends
    replied
    I’ve gotten so much better at saying no! Had dcm call me saying she’s in a bind, her car is in the shop, her boss is being a jerk and can I please open early for her tomorrow. Early for her would be 5:30am because she has to clock in at 6. I don’t open until 7. I told her I couldn’t without even stammering.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X