Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    GirlMomma My Ds eats a balance diet and takes his vitamins including elderberry daily, DS also just stopped nursing just before lockdown, however my DD refuses to take vitamins and would rather eat just grains and sweets all day.

Dh and I both have only tested negative and got the first vaccine but opted out of the boosters for now. I also take vitamins plus elderberry.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Oddly, the two giving me grief are the last of the ones that received the 20 month free daycare..March 2020-August 2021. The others know what's happening could happen to other daycares. Parents are so used to FREE!

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, I agree that you have to follow your licensing protocols. I just don't have any anymore. They deemed them unnecessary and a burden on families and business owners.

At my daycare, I follow my illness policy that folks on this forum called "way over the top" an eye rolled for years (lol!) the entirety of my career due to my prior in-person cdc infectious disease trainings and fema tabletop exercises.

I, personally, don't go to big stores, crowded anything and shop almost entirely online. My cleaning routines are tight and border OCD. Between working daycare and ems, I treat the general public like I am typhiod mary. lol!! My clients are all business owners who work with the general public and in-person public school teachers, so they live the same way.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    CH, for what it's worth, I almost want to throw up my hands and let it be what it will be but my 'servant's heart' believes in following the protocols; the majority of my families want me to follow protocols, but there are two families that make me want to scream by questioning my faith. FAITH is NOT standing in the middle of a four-lane expecting a vehicle not to hit you; So therefore, I TRY to make good decisions based on the info I have!
    Last edited by Annalee; 01-14-2022, 04:21 PM.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Cat Herder that is a great point - our grandparents are “laying low” right now with cases going up so they stay healthy. They say, “we didn’t think we’d make it to see our great-grandkids. Since we made it here, we want to stay awhile before we meet the Good Lord!” ❤️😂

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    The income lost that I am referring to was when the provider was forced to close down, entirely, to quarantine. My state had no funds available for us if that happened. We have been on our own.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    That’s so funny you say that. My husband has been working in with the general public since this started and he’s never gotten it. Even when our DD’s and I had it in November 2020, he still didn’t get it! His immune system is made of steel or it’s in his bloodline. Just hours before I showed my first symptoms of COVID, I sat next to his grandma at the table and conversed with her for nearly an hour, she brought us a pie. We hugged when she left. She had prior health conditions and his grandpa has diabetes. THEY NEVER GOT IT!

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Got it. If you have someone living/working in your home that's in the high risk category, the rules are a bit different. The majority of us don't and avoid any contact with others in the high risk category. I am referring to that group, the majority of childcare/healthcare providers.
    Last edited by Cat Herder; 01-14-2022, 04:14 PM.

• Annalee
    replied
    I don't require tests for every symptom; just did with the stomach bug per other daycare family being positive and my contact with the pediatrician.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    I understand the points above. If licensing requires certain things, I would follow those requirements. My pay stays the same as well whether the child is here or not. That has no affect on my decision to treat this like any other illness.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want my family (specifically my elderly grandparents with COPD and diabetes) to get COVID… but I also don’t want my family to contract the flu, bronchitis or pneumonia either. All of those illnesses could be contracted the same way we can contract COVID-19. Most of the named illnesses above are more severe than a coronavirus, which by definition is “a common cold.” To me, unless I am going to require tests for all of the illnesses I mentioned above, I can’t expect a DCP to test a child now.
    Last edited by GirlMomma; 01-14-2022, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    My DD school and Local health department sent out this message
    A healthcare evaluation is needed if:

The child has any TWO of the following symptoms:
    fever, chills, headache, extreme tiredness/fatigue, sore throat, new congestion or runny nose, body aches, or nausea/vomiting.

The child has any ONE of the following symptoms:
    new cough, loss of taste or smell, or shortness of breath.
    Please remember the guidelines call for siblings to stay home as well if there are concerning symptoms.

So this list says that I do not need to test my own kids if they only have a fever. When my dd9 gets a cough, I have to call the doctor for an evaluation and they say that they do not want to see her and to get her tested, so I test her. If she tests positive or if ds3 starts or has a cough too then I get him tested too. My ds no matter if dd is positive or if he or she is really sick has tested negative every time. My ds plays night and day with his sister that is positive with, as they say, "a highly contagious virus"
    (He even plays with her with and without symptoms) and yet he always tests negative and rarely masks.

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    I don't lose income by the way....pay stays the same!

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    Not necessarily, my mom got sick Wed night; she is now a little better but so far negative for covid; I now know to keep check on that. Mom is a spunky woman and has been vacced but I do not want her getting covid. That child with the diarhea that I sent home Monday would have been back Wednesday and more could have been in harms way. Diarhea is only symptom she had.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    And life would have gone on the same as always without your having to lose income. Those tests also have a high false positive rate bumping up the stats.

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    That is rough.

Luckily my state believes in common sense. We all had it, it was very mild because no one has preexisting conditions, obesity, smoke inhalation history or uses a high quantity of alcohol routinely (the main issues with those on vents) and no one had to miss more than 3 days of work the entire two years. I have never closed this entire time and everyone is perfectly healthy with parents still earning full paychecks.

Here there is not even a registry or inspectors to follow up on it if I did try to report it. There is no liability on the vaccine makers, the government, the state or us. The mandates are hot air and I am not sure how they are able to keep passing them.
Working...
X