Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e.j.
    commented on 's reply
    That would be my guess, too. Back when the pandemic first started, they were contact tracing in this state so I think we had to report cases for that reason. Now that they're no longer doing contact tracing, I think it must be so they can keep track of how many kids in day care are getting sick.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Then it could just be for the state to keep track maybe? I know in our state it was reported to DD school

• Annalee
    replied
    Here, they must not keep up with the covid/quarantine crew as there is a daycare that willingly keeps all the quarantine kids from schools and daycares; she has been doing this since 2020 so you would think they would have shut her down if the state was keeping track of it. Our state is leaving alot up to the provider right now BUT they also rear their head occasionally to make sure everything is under control as best it can be??

Leave a comment:

• Momboss
    replied
    Originally posted by GirlMomma View Post
    Momboss I know when DD and I got tested in my state in November of 2020, we had to list the name of any employers, daycares or schools attended so they could contact them and let them know of the positive case.

It’s possible that a DCP could put your daycare down as being one they attend. If you don’t report it and licensing puts two and two together, you’ll lose your licensing.
    Ive been in close contact with a few people who tested postive and never received any notice from anyone except the person who tested positive. With people testing at home now, Im guessing they arent reporting it anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    As for the why part - I have no clue! To “track” the cases?

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    There’s no right or wrong answer at this point lol

• GirlMomma
    replied
    Momboss I know when DD and I got tested in my state in November of 2020, we had to list the name of any employers, daycares or schools attended so they could contact them and let them know of the positive case.

It’s possible that a DCP could put your daycare down as being one they attend. If you don’t report it and licensing puts two and two together, you’ll lose your licensing.

Leave a comment:

• Momboss
    replied
    Licensing requires we have to report to them if anyone in daycare has covid. #1- Why? #2- How would they find out if I dont?

Leave a comment:

• Annalee
    replied
    My daycare center friend said she had two teachers and many kids with covid but someone told her she didn't have to do anything and IF the teachers were asymptomatic they could work as long as they wear a mask So I guess we all just do what we feel is best, right?

Leave a comment:

• Springvalley
    replied
    I've been taking vitamin c & d since March 2020, added probiotic this year and I've also been doing zyrtec and Flonase for years on account of i have seasonal allergies plus I've had lung problems all of my life because of being a preemie

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    GirlMomma lol I am perfectly happy not leaving home too. Last year when I stopped driving my old van I had put about 12000 miles driven in the 23 months I drove it. (Got it at the end of 2019)

My dh even drove it to run errands on the weekend and we consider it the family vehicle, we use it for trips as well.

• e.j.
    replied
    Originally posted by Momboss View Post
    With covid presenting as pretty much anything, especially in kids, are you requiring a covid test to return to daycare if the child is sick with anything?
    If the kids present with any of the symptoms of Covid I send them home and do require a negative PCR test (home tests aren't as accurate) in order for them to return to day care. The members of my family are high risk for various reasons. I'm trying to protect them as well as the other kids in my care.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    I will also say, this pandemic has made me realize how antisocial I am. Anytime I can do curbside pick up or have something delivered, I do it. The last thing I want to do is be around people. 😂

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Annalee I think all anyone can do is make decisions based on their knowledge and based on which works best for their business, family and clients.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Alwaysgreener for what it’s worth…. I am the older version of your DD 😂 it’s terrible and you know I’m working towards better health in 2022 LOL

My immediate family doesn’t take any vitamins or supplements. Not that we won’t or shouldn’t, it’s just not something DH and I have ever done. We do eat fairly healthy, we eat out about once/week and drink a lot of water - but my youngest DD and I have the sweet tooth.
Working...
X