Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    Preschool qualifies. Scroll down to under 4, less than 25 students. We are licensed and registered in our school districts.

• flying_babyb
    replied
    As far as toothbrushing, We bought all our brushes at the local Dollar tree and each child has a space in those see through flat fish tackle boxes. Drill a few holes in the box, and toss in the dishwasher to wash and sanitize weekly (just dont forget the toothpaste in there, cause it wont survive)

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I didn't qualify either.

• Blackcat31
    commented on 's reply
    They said you have to be a K-1 educator in a state registered school district. Child cares don’t qualify 🙄

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    fivestarday Don't ask them, offer the service. Lol send home a form to opt in to the service, require them to sign giving you permission to administer toothpaste with fluoride. If they don't want the toothpaste, just do a wet brush, it is better than nothing.
    I did mine after lunch before nap.

Here's the catch, each kid gets their own tube with toothpaste. Or you have to jump through hoops to not put the toothpaste from the tube directly onto the brush. You can use my glove and please do things on each finger for each child or the bottom of cup during way of the cup after each toothbrush.

• Cat Herder
    replied
    This program gives me 24 free toothbrushes/toothpaste kits and classroom materials for healthy smiles. I send home one set, keep one in their cubbies. It is a great program. https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-h...n/program-kits

Leave a comment:

• Pestle
    commented on 's reply
    I instigated the "no diaper bags; no car seats" rule that most of the folks here have, the day I reached into a diaper bag and came out with a bloody tampon applicator.

• fivestarday
    commented on 's reply
    Alwaysgreener I'm going to think about starting to brush teeth daily. I'll ask parents if they want me to. I think it would be fun to help the kids practice and get in the routine of taking care of their teeth. I know my baby loves to watch me brush mine. She thinks it is so fascinating...and funny!

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    My star program had me brush teeth. But during the pandemic they have recommended to stop doing it. I hope to start back up because soon because the kids miss it.

• fivestarday
    replied
    Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    I don't allow anything from home. Not even coats/jackets/gloves. I supply, store and launder everything, myself, even outdoor play clothes. They have stuffies, blankies, sheets, pillows, footed fleece PJ's and winter gear assigned to them by me (yes, they get to choose from several choices of clean, disinfected, functional items I have curated over 28 years.).

I change them back into their street clothes, do hair, trim nails, clean ears, wash faces, brush teeth, and give baths if necessary for going home. Often I wash the street clothing, too as I am a whiz with stains. I am a full-care provider, though.

**Back in the day, I have had parents bring in illegal drugs, used tampons, bedbugs, fleas, lice, etc. To he!! with that noise. I don't even have carpet anymore, just washable rugs over bleachable linoleum and hardwoods. Nothing in my playroom can't be submerged or bleached. **
    OMGSH used tampons...whaaa why? ew. LOL... I don't have carpet either. I steam clean everything in the evening, after using the vacuum. I'm hoping to sell the couches and get vinyl soft seating.

I got tired real quick of kids showing up without what they needed for cold weather. Or in brand new tennis shoes and brand new light colored clothes. So I did two things. First, I started changing kids into different clothes to keep their outfits clean for pick-up. And second, I bought what was needed for outside time and keep it here. To me, spending the money on supplies like that makes my life so much easier. I know things are clean. I know the supplies are organized and available when needed. I don't have to send reminders to bring a hat and gloves if they are already here.

Do hair, trim nails, clean ears, wash faces, brush teeth, give baths...You take excellent care of those kids, Cat Herder! May God Bless You! I only do hair and trim nails. And of course, wash faces. Maybe I oughta start brushing teeth too.

Leave a comment:

• flying_babyb
    replied
    No toys/ blankets/ lovies from home unless they stay at daycare. No bottles after 1 and nuks are for nap ONLY! So far its working well with most of our kids

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    It was rough doing it at 28 with my DD2! These folks are older than I am. The sleep deprivation stage was one of the reasons we decided on not having any more.

This family is odd. I have another client that’s related to them, so in total I have three kids from the same family - A 4YO, 2YO and this 18 month old. Both sets of parents encourage baby talk, even though 2/4YO can speak clearly. For example, they tell the 2/4YO to call an uncle (changing the name for privacy) Uncle “Bare-wee” even though the uncles name is “Barry.” The uncle totally eats it up. It bothers me because I think they’re encouraging a speech impediment.

One of the DCD is normal and can’t stand how they act but he’s always “the bad guy” because always taking the pacifiers away from the 4YO and 2YO… YES!!! You read it right.
    Last edited by GirlMomma; 02-17-2022, 11:34 AM.

• Pestle
    replied
    Originally posted by GirlMomma View Post
    They also still get up in the middle of the night to feed the child a bottle of milk. He’s 18 months old . . . .
    Wow. Leaning into the infancy stage sleep deprivation. They are probably the only people on the planet who think that's fun. At 38, I'm not sure I could muster up the will to live if I had to go through that stage another time.

Leave a comment:

• PB&J
    commented on 's reply
    I think that’s exactly what happened with the child from my earlier story. Instead of listening to us about how her son was either being prevented from exploring and handling his world OR showing signs of anxiety that he needed help with (what the other daycare provider tried telling her, too) she just thought of him as her sensitive baby who needed her comfort 24/7. Fixation on an item can be a big clue.

• Cat Herder
    replied
    I don't allow anything from home. Not even coats/jackets/gloves. I supply, store and launder everything, myself, even outdoor play clothes. They have stuffies, blankies, sheets, pillows, footed fleece PJ's and winter gear assigned to them by me (yes, they get to choose from several choices of clean, disinfected, functional items I have curated over 28 years.).

I change them back into their street clothes, do hair, trim nails, clean ears, wash faces, brush teeth, and give baths if necessary for going home. Often I wash the street clothing, too as I am a whiz with stains. I am a full-care provider, though.

**Back in the day, I have had parents bring in illegal drugs, used tampons, bedbugs, fleas, lice, etc. To he!! with that noise. I don't even have carpet anymore, just washable rugs over bleachable linoleum and hardwoods. Nothing in my playroom can't be submerged or bleached. **

Leave a comment:

Working...
X