Is Anyone Concerned About Monkeypox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Anyone Concerned About Monkeypox?

I asked back in 2019 if anyone was concerned about covid. The responses were mixed. So, I thought I would ask opinions on monkeypox.
    I am not overly concerned about monkeypox because is a DNA virus, unlikely to mutate like covid, an RNA virus.
    Also the smallpox vaccine has great effect against monkeypox.
    Also it's not so easily spread......I think.
    unfortunately, monkeypox has a 10% mortality rate. That scares me.
    Thoughts??

I haven't let my mind go there! For what it's worth, my close friend had covid two weeks ago; she quarantined and I turned a blind-eye to it....I am NOT careless nor non-caring as my aunt is a covid-long-hauler; however, my new mindset just WILL NOT let me go there. My mental health can't do that again!
    Last edited by Annalee; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Im not worried at this point. I’m not really engaging in the ways it might spread. I was thinking of joining my local gym but I think I’ll wait because of the suggestion it can spread from towels.

I’m more concerned with the way people drive here in Los Angeles.

New York City health officials published a list Friday night of the various ways that the monkeypox virus can spread during close contact with infected people, or materials that were used by an infected person.
      • Hugging, kissing and talking closely
      • Oral, anal or vaginal sex
      • Mutual masturbation
      • Touching fabrics or objects used by an infected person, like clothes, bedding, or towels
      https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/how-...ptoms/3720006/

Comment

It's on my radar but I'm not concerned about it for now. If it continues to spread or seems to be becoming more easily transmissible than they're saying it is now, I may start to worry more at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Im not worried at this point. I’m not really engaging in the ways it might spread. I was thinking of joining my local gym but I think I’ll wait because of the suggestion it can spread from towels.

I’m more concerned with the way people drive here in Los Angeles.

New York City health officials published a list Friday night of the various ways that the monkeypox virus can spread during close contact with infected people, or materials that were used by an infected person.
          • Hugging, kissing and talking closely
          • Oral, anal or vaginal sex
          • Mutual masturbation
          • Touching fabrics or objects used by an infected person, like clothes, bedding, or towels
          https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/how-...ptoms/3720006/
          How ironic is it that when I think of California....I automatautomatically start to stress about driving there!!??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
            How ironic is it that when I think of California....I automatautomatically start to stress about driving there!!??!!
            I’ve been hit too many times. I will no longer own a motorcycle here

Comment

"Monkeypox is poised to get a new name, after a number of scientists criticized the current name as "discriminatory and stigmatizing." They say it's inaccurate to name versions of the virus after parts of Africa." NPR - Today

I am going to have to go with no. No, I'm not all that worried.

Is anyone else having GRID flashbacks?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Cat Herder; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
                Alwaysgreener commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait if they rename monkey pox, then what about chicken pox??

• MissCait
                MissCait commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess if people are out killing monkeys now for no reason in fear of this virus, I’d understand. Otherwise… sarcasm is in order…

Monkey’s must have taken a poll and most are offended by the name. Their feelings on this matter too. I’m so glad these brilliant scientists have time to spend on these types of things vs other issues going on…
            Working...
            X