• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    6% of Americans are Black women
    40% of Abortions are performed on Black women
    80% of PP clinics are located in poor minority Black and Latino neighborhoods
    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 06-29-2022, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    replied
    Originally posted by MissCait View Post
    I know prolifers that open their homes up to foster children. Beautiful people. They understand when they vote prolife, that their work doesn’t stop at the voting box.
    I love this!!

Leave a comment:

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Alwaysgreener MissCait thank you both for the info!

• SandBox
    commented on 's reply
    GirlMomma

I’ll expand on the two things I mentioned because I am not sure which your question exactly refers to.

The founder of PP, Margaret Sanger, was a racist and believed in eugenics - that there is a supreme race. I read letters she wrote during her time that proved this. Also read accounts of a black woman that was asked to be on their committee and her accounts. So PP at first targeted black and brown communities to try and kill off their race. As far as I know, that is not what PP stands for today.

The second thing I mentioned, was I watched a video recording of someone going into a PP and acting like a sex trafficker and had an underage girl with him. He went through the motions and the nurse he was talking to said she won’t discuss the child’s medical record with anyone etc. etc. That was mentioned previously in thread, that PP hides trafficking. And I was saying I don’t know how true it is really. And I did just do a quick search and yea, I found opposite accounts of it. I try to find data not from PP sites. Because of course they will deny if it’s true. But I still just found both sides and no real conclusion. I would think too it depends on the nurse. We have bad doctors and nurses every where that don’t report like they should. Some do. Some don’t. And no one can really control that.

• Alwaysgreener
    replied
    MissCait

"1680 VA Legislation passed the law where all white were free and all-black were slaves."

So they passed the law where all the white were free and all blacks were slaves. Does that mean that the black slave owners became slaves when happened? If just the whites were freed, what about the other races, Native Americans, Asians... And other races that are not considered white, were they still slaves, or were they freed?

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysgreener
    commented on 's reply
    @girlmomma

It was me, I recently found that PP has a "don't ask don't tell policy", So if a victim comes in being forced to have an abortion by anyone (boyfriend, parents, husband or owner/handler) they perform the abortion and look the other way, ignoring the red flags. This may not be what the women/child wants (choice) but because they may fear for their life, she don't/can't speak up it and the abortion happens. One woman said she was under 18 and they told her to lie about her age on the form. - Not only does the baby die but because they do not report it, the women/child's life may still be in danger.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    MissCait okay, so can you clarify. What the woman said that started PP is true?

I think PP should follow the “see something, say something” rule. It never hurts to report something you think is off.

• SandBox
    replied
    A comment was written to me and then deleted. Won’t say who or what since they may want it private. But I have a response.

I haven’t told anyone they are wrong. It’s just my opinion isn’t liked so it’s not accepted. Probably my prolifer comments weren’t the nicest, but I differentiated between who I was talking about. I know prolifers that open their homes up to foster children. Beautiful people. They understand when they vote prolife, that their work doesn’t stop at the voting box. I have respect for these people.

With most everything I’ve said, I’ve provided supporting data. Numbers and data is proof to me. If it isn’t for someone else then I don’t know what to say about that one.

You’re right, not all states will be effected. It’s fine one doesn’t care about other states. That doesn’t mean I can’t bring it to the attention of those that would care. This is a public forum and shows up in searches. People in here could be reading and say dang, I had no idea about this! I had no idea Texas still denies healthcare to their marginalized communities and their babies die at higher rates and now they have full power to make it harder for these women!! Wow!!

It is important to some people.

I will leave your forum space. It’s cool. I put good info out for people who care. That was my point. 👍
    Last edited by SandBox; 06-29-2022, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Momboss
    replied
    I think a lot of this falls under “If it doesnt affect me then i dont care.” Its a common thing amongst humans. We tend to only concern ourselves with the things that directly impact us or the people we love.

Leave a comment:

• Cat Herder
    commented on 's reply
    6 months is viable outside of the womb. I never knew they could do that. Wow. Obviously, my education on this topic is erroneous.

I always believed it was 12 weeks barring a medical emergency, trauma, fetal death, or morbid hydrocephaly. Maybe that was just Florida? I clearly need to learn more. Funny how I am still nervous about my online search history showing me looking up abortion information even at 50 years old and long sterilized. The stigma is real.

• SandBox
    commented on 's reply
    GirlMomma

Yes they are a great benefit to our communities. The founders of PP weren’t nice people and history with that. But as of today, planned parenthood offers a lot for the health of women. Filled in healthcare gaps for certain people that needed it.

Someone mentioned they hid victims of traffickers. They would perform abortions on victims and not report. I actually need to research that to make sure that’s even true. I know at one time I did think so because I watched some video about it, but it honestly sounds like propaganda now that I’m thinking about it. Regardless, they shouldn’t turn them away. The fate of sex trafficking girls doesn’t get any better if denied an abortion.

• Annalee
    commented on 's reply
    The government can't meet the demand of ALL chosen lifestyles nor hardships that may/may not come due to these lifestyles. Whether you GIVE birth control free or not, this abortion issue is still there; whether you give Food stamps or NOT the poverty issue is still there (Kroger is full of people that look homeless because the rich won't work anymore); Zaxby's has kids that can't count money; there are a world of issues right now......but we face them and move forward.

I guess my point is whether you live in poverty, middle-class, or rich, there are still struggles. Having the government penalize the rich for those in poverty is not FAIR; same for penalizing the poor for those that are rich! Life is not fair on any scale.

But we work hard to overcome; sickness, death, financial difficulties, divorce, on and on and on!!!

As for health insurance, my heart condition bro has NONE so he usually is offered a payout which is less than what I owe after my insurance pays 80%...NOT FAIR but it is LIFE! ON and ON, we go!

The Federal government can't FIX all of this.....but sometimes they have to step in and make decisions accordingly.....putting issues back to the states, I feel, will help! But that's just me! Right or wrong, this was headed in this direction during the last administration. More to come; some I will approve of, some I will not. But it's not a christian vs the world issue. It is simply a thing called LIFE!
    Last edited by Annalee; 06-29-2022, 09:17 AM.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Good information! My local PP didn’t even do abortions. But it was a great, free resource for medical care, sex education and so on. It’s now shut down and the closest one is 90 mins away.

• GirlMomma
    commented on 's reply
    Annalee I don’t believe every clinic in America does that, but I could be wrong. If that is an option, then I believe it should be advertised as much as the COVID tests and vaccines were/are. I know when I was a teen, I had Planned Parenthood and that was my only option as far as I know, of course.

I’ve seen the condom machines in gas stations. While I find them disgusting and inappropriate to be in public bathrooms with children who can read what flavor they are, I understand why they’re there. LOL

• SandBox
    replied
    More…

“In an attempt to justify so-called “defunding” of Planned Parenthood -- which in fact means prohibiting Medicaid patients from turning to Planned Parenthood health centers for basic care -- some politicians have made the false claim that Community Health Centers could simply replace the care that Planned Parenthood provides. This claim has been refuted by public health experts and Community Health Centers themselves. The experts at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the National Partnership for Women & Families said flat out: they can't cover the gap. Even the executive director of the American Public Health Association has called such claims “ludicrous.”

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab...ned-parenthood

Leave a comment:

Working...
X